Preposition(1) in opposition to.(2) in anticipation of and preparation for (a problem or difficulty).(3) in conceptual contrast to.(4) in or into physical contact with (something), typically so as to be supported by or collide with it.
(1) the odds were 5├ö├ç├┤1 against Pittsburgh(2) But the pub is appealing against the decision and is allowed to continue trading in the meantime.(3) With the cirrus they created a faint lattice of white against light blue.(4) The door was slammed hard against the wall, sending it rocking on its hinges.(5) He has already won 21 races and few would bet against that number increasing in the season to come.(6) Not only will they be unable to use parasols for protection against the sun, they will not be allowed to take in food or drink.(7) She banged her head lightly against the wall and heard the ringing noise of metal.(8) If the player does not wish to bet against the second card, a third card can be called for at the same price.(9) he hit his head against the door(10) Those who ignore the zone can be reported to trading standards officers who might take legal action against them.(11) he was silhouetted against the light of the stair window(12) This has to be weighed against the cost of redeeming early and the fees that often accompany taking out a new deal.(13) they won three matches as against our two(14) We will not tolerate abuse of staff who are simply trying to do their job and we will take legal action against residents who do this.(15) It is one of the various small ways in which the public can fight back against the people who are undermining their quality of life.(16) against medical advice
(1) against all odds :: ಎಲ್ಲ ವಿರುದ್ಧ
(2) rise against :: ವಿರುಧ್ಧ ಸಿಡಿದೇಳು
(3) against the law :: ಕಾನೂನು ವಿರುದ್ಧ
(4) go against :: ವಿರುದ್ಧವಾಗಿ ಹೋಗು
(5) against the grain :: ಧಾನ್ಯ ವಿರುದ್ಧ
(6) fight against :: ವಿರುದ್ಧ ಹೋರಾಡು
(7) turn against :: ವಿರುದ್ಧ ತಿರುಗಿ
(8) guard against :: ವಿರುದ್ಧ ಸಿಬ್ಬಂದಿ
(9) compete against :: ವಿರುದ್ಧ ಸ್ಪರ್ಧಿಸಲು
(10) come up against :: ವಿರುದ್ಧವಾಗಿ
1. opposed to ::
2. in opposition to ::
3. disadvantageous to ::
4. touching ::
1. for ::
2. pro ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I don't see why Penny
is so AGAINST this.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 12
House Tyrell rebelled AGAINST the lron Throne.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 6
Battles have been won AGAINST greater odds.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 9
...AGAINST my cinnamon-apple-scented
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 4
Bad luck for him -
going AGAINST the Mountain.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 5
English to Kannada Dictionary: against
Meaning and definitions of against, translation in Kannada language for against with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of against in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "against"
What against means in Kannada, against meaning in Kannada, against definition, examples and pronunciation of against in Kannada language.