Noun(1) an active and efficient cause; capable of producing a certain effect(2) a representative who acts on behalf of other persons or organizations(3) a substance that exerts some force or effect(4) a businessman who buys or sells for another in exchange for a commission(5) any agent or representative of a federal agency or bureau(6) the semantic role of the animate entity that instigates or causes the happening denoted by the verb in the clause
(1) I'm sure that most customers would prefer to have a service agent much closer to office or home, and not need to have the added customer service of a courtesy car.(2) By that time, I was in the sort of semi-media business as an agent handling writers.(3) In such cases, the or is generally interpreted as an agent suffix like the vernacular er: author is as invariable in its spelling as writer.(4) he was an agent of change(5) I was rehearsing for a small part in Chicago, though my agent felt a understudy role in Alabama was more likely.(6) intelligence agent(7) a travel agent(8) We need a term for this phenomenon, in which the agent is changed to avoid using an imperative.(9) Granovsky did not advertise the unit for rent, nor did she employ the services of a rental agent or of a real estate firm.(10) Through the use of the passive voice, the agent which designs ├ö├ç├┐these carefully targeted actions├ö├ç├û has been left unspecified.(11) Not that Everett is exactly hassling his agent for alpha male roles.(12) a trained intelligence agent(13) agent of erosion(14) In entering into this Contract the Carrier, to the extent of such provisions, does so not only on his own behalf but also as agent or trustee for such persons├ö├ç┬¬(15) I find that the agent acted throughout on behalf of the purchaser.(16) sole agent
(1) travel agent :: ಸಂಚಾರಿ ಪ್ರತಿನಿಧಿ
(2) estate agent :: ಎಸ್ಟೇಟ್ ಏಜೆಂಟ್
(3) real estate agent :: ಸ್ಥಿರಾಸ್ತಿ ವ್ಯವಹಾರಿ
(4) forwarding agent :: ಫಾರ್ವರ್ಡ್ ಏಜೆಂಟ್
(5) secret agent :: ಗೂಢಚಾರ
(6) insurance agent :: ವಿಮಾ ಏಜೆಂಟ್
(7) shipping agent :: ಹಡಗು ದಳ್ಳಾಲಿ
(8) sales agent :: ಮಾರಾಟ ಏಜೆಂಟ್
(9) reducing agent :: ಅಪಕರ್ಷಣಕಾರಿಯನ್ನು
(10) purchasing agent :: ಖರೀದಿ ಏಜೆಂಟ್
1. representative ::
2. agency ::
3. spy ::
5. medium ::
6. broker ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
What does your AGENT think?
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 19
Thank you for agreeing to see me,
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 7
Agent Gomez, should we flip
a coin for the honors?
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 13
MAN: Agent Schrader.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 7
AGENT: Show your hands.
Get on your stomach now.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 3
English to Kannada Dictionary: agent
Meaning and definitions of agent, translation in Kannada language for agent with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of agent in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "agent"
What agent means in Kannada, agent meaning in Kannada, agent definition, examples and pronunciation of agent in Kannada language.