Noun(1) the table in Christian churches where communion is given(2) a raised structure on which gifts or sacrifices to a god are made
(1) Inside, I made straight for the altar of Jowo Sakyamuni and placed my offering of fresh flowers and fruits.(2) The altar of his church in Bridgewater Street is adorned with the national flag.(3) The stained glass windows behind the altar in Glann Church are in need of repair.(4) In addition, above the altar in the side chapel, the church has placed a large painting by Mr Willson.(5) Later petitioners laid offerings of food on the altar in front of the deity's statue.(6) I want to see William standing by the altar of the church that I've attended since I was a child.(7) They lay fruit and gifts at the altar and light joss sticks as the local shaman begins the ceremony.(8) A representative of each family is invited to place a candle on the altar during the service.(9) At the centre you see two large, flat-topped boulders which look like an altar in a cathedral nave.(10) I then spent a sufficient amount of time in the cathedral admiring the altar and ceiling.(11) Aromatics were to become so popular, that a special edict was declared in 30 A.D. that forbade the personal use of exotic scents as the supplies for use on ritual altars were growing scarce.(12) The decree requires that the priests and priestesses of Kolophon visit the altars in the old agora to acknowledge the ties between the old site and the current site of the city.(13) With the rise of private Masses, chapels began to bulge out from the laterals of the church and altars began to be recessed against the walls.(14) If it is certain that Maya altars received offerings or ritual goods, the particular ritual actions performed at these stones remains wholly unclear.(15) It is the isolated Pagans who need to know they are not alone and that there is someplace they can get the items they need for their altars , rituals and everyday life as well as sorely needed moral support.(16) In addition to Christian icons, several altars had symbols from other cultural contexts, such as Native American and African figurines and images.
(1) altar boy :: ಪವಿತ್ರವಾದ ಹುಡುಗನಾಗಿದ್ದೆ
(2) altar cloth :: ಬಲಿಪೀಠದ ಬಟ್ಟೆ
(3) high altar :: ಹೆಚ್ಚಿನ ಬಲಿಪೀಠದ
(4) sacrificial altar :: ತ್ಯಾಗದ ಬಲಿಪೀಠದ
(5) altar stone :: ಬಲಿಪೀಠದ ಕಲ್ಲಿನ
1. lord's table ::
2. communion table ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Who carved this ALTAR?
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 7
Revenge is just
a different prayer
at their ALTAR, darling.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 2
English to Kannada Dictionary: altar
Meaning and definitions of altar, translation in Kannada language for altar with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of altar in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "altar"
What altar means in Kannada, altar meaning in Kannada, altar definition, examples and pronunciation of altar in Kannada language.