Noun(1) earnest and conscientious activity intended to do or accomplish something(2) the act of attacking
Verb(1) make an effort or attempt(2) enter upon an activity or enterprise
(1) I refuse to talk about my abortive attempt at qualifying for the Hanley Cup lest I depress myself even more.(2) The documentary, due out in the autumn, will follow a mountaineering novice on his attempt to conquer Everest.(3) It's a good time to encounter difficult people or attempt arduous tasks.(4) This is my second attempt at a blog, I hadn't posted to my other one in ages and I wasn't too happy with it so I've scrapped it and started again.(5) it was a futile attempt(6) I have been preparing for the record attempt since Christmas.(7) The monument was erected as a tribute to three people who died trying to halt tanks during the coup attempt .(8) Sue designed the website herself and for a first attempt at web design it is an ambitious project!(9) Karakozov made an attempt on the tsar's life(10) As I wait for the next workshop image, I write this article as my first attempt at humor.(11) any attempt at talking politics ended in a fit of laughter(12) There is no getting away from the fact the bill does not even attempt to resolve the difficult issues underlying and surrounding it.(13) the expedition was the first to attempt Everest(14) an attempt on the unclimbed north-east ridge(15) it was only an attempt to get a few votes(16) To the right you'll see my aborted attempt at a National Poetry Month Poster Contest entry.
(1) first attempt :: ಮೊದಲ ಪ್ರಯತ್ನ
(2) make an attempt :: ಪ್ರಯತ್ನ ಮಾಡುತ್ತಾನೆಂದು
(3) assassination attempt :: ಹತ್ಯೆ ಯತ್ನ
(4) in an attempt to :: ಪ್ರಯತ್ನದಲ್ಲಿ
(5) vain attempt :: ಭಾಸ್ಕರ್ ಪ್ರಯತ್ನ
(6) desperate attempt :: ಹತಾಶ ಪ್ರಯತ್ನ
(7) futile attempt :: ವ್ಯರ್ಥ ಪ್ರಯತ್ನದಿಂದ
1. effort ::
2. attack ::
3. try ::
4. set about ::
5. essay ::
attempt, attempted, attempting, attempts
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Skyler and I feel,
due to Marie's ATTEMPT
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 11
in an ATTEMPT to identify
the deceased suspects. Both--
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
Your failed ATTEMPT
to go back to college?
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 20
Oh, yeah, well, your ATTEMPT
at juvenilizing me...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 3
By the time they ATTEMPT to contact,
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 11
English to Kannada Dictionary: attempt
Meaning and definitions of attempt, translation in Kannada language for attempt with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of attempt in Kannada and in English
Tags for the entry "attempt"
What attempt means in Kannada, attempt meaning
in Kannada, attempt definition, examples and pronunciation
of attempt in Kannada language.