Verb(1) stop sleeping
Adjective(1) not in a state of sleep; completely conscious(2) mentally perceptive and responsive
(1) This applies especially to my inability to distinguish between being asleep and being awake .(2) In the dishevelled moments when one's neither awake nor asleep they will have felt inexplicably happy.(3) And suddenly, he heard Kato's voice, light as if not to awake him from a sleep.(4) In the beginning the contrast between being awake and being asleep is great; it feels like the clouds have the upper hand.(5) She looked and saw that Isaac was asleep and Jack was awake .(6) I could feel my body beginning to awake , regaining warmth.(7) Will, dragging Raven behind him, who was also nearly falling asleep after being awake all night, left and shut the door quietly behind him.(8) When the entire camp is asleep, children are awake because they are eager to see their mothers, to have meals with their fathers.(9) Don't get me wrong, I'm no vampire, but, when possible, it's a lot of fun to be awake when everyone is asleep.(10) I was still half asleep but I was awake enough to hear the reproach in the nurse's voice and I interpreted it as her suggesting I had neglected Gerald.(11) I was five then, and had never been back, but I wanted to find that house, see if it would awake long dormant memories.(12) She looked about her and saw that Ron and James, though looking asleep were awake , softly whispering to each other.(13) As a runner, I have more trouble staying awake than falling asleep at night.(14) Lisa couldn't fall asleep so she stayed awake and studied him, praying he would find his way out of the maze of lies he'd created for himself.(15) More severely affected children hyperventilate both awake and asleep.(16) As you awake from your troubled sleep, you realize that the group you'd dreamed about is deep in the woods.
(1) stay awake :: ಎಚ್ಚರವಾಗಿರಲು
(2) lie awake :: ಅವೇಕ್ ಸುಳ್ಳು
(3) keep awake :: ಎಚ್ಚರವಿರಿಸಿಕೊಳ್ಳಲು
(4) be wide awake :: ಪೂರ್ತಿ ಎಚ್ಚರ ಎಂದು
(5) be awake :: ಅವೇಕ್
(6) wide-awake :: ಪೂರ್ತಿ ಎಚ್ಚರ
(7) to be awake :: ಎಚ್ಚರವಾಗಿದ್ದನು
(8) lying awake :: ಅವೇಕ್ ಸುಳ್ಳು
(9) being awake :: ಅವೇಕ್ ಎಂಬ
1. wakeful ::
2. vigilant ::
3. aware of ::
4. alive ::
6. realize ::
7. wake up ::
1. lull ::
awake, awakes, awaking
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You know, l mean, if l'm
keeping you AWAKE and all.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 2
Come on, guys. We're all AWAKE.
Why don't we go to a diner or something?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 11
Jesse, l've been AWAKE
for, like, three straight days.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 2
I'm AWAKE, right?
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 22
Now that Bran's AWAKE,
will he come live with us?
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 4
English to Kannada Dictionary: awake
Meaning and definitions of awake, translation in Kannada language for awake with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of awake in Kannada and in English
Tags for the entry "awake"
What awake means in Kannada, awake meaning
in Kannada, awake definition, examples and pronunciation
of awake in Kannada language.