Noun(1) a hostile meeting of opposing military forces in the course of a war(2) an energetic attempt to achieve something(3) an open clash between two opposing groups (or individuals
Verb(1) battle or contend against in or as if in a battle
(1) He enjoyed wars and was the first prime minister since the duke of Wellington to have fought in battle .(2) Mr Rhodes said the conclusion of the deal yesterday brought to an end a long and difficult battle to keep the club going.(3) The pair did try and pursue the matter through the courts but could not afford a lengthy legal battle .(4) Sovereignty was a figure for all those brave soldiers who fought and died in battle .(5) the battle lasted for several hours(6) the battle against ageing(7) Two years later, he is still engaged in a legal battle to fight deportation and be allowed to stay here with his wife.(8) life's a continual battle(9) Hymns and prayers were said in memory of those who died in battle and those who fought and survived.(10) In battle , I came to pity enemy prisoners because I had a cause to fight for and they did not.(11) the battle against aging(12) a legal battle over who owns the house(13) the battle for second place(14) This determination to achieve something extra began with a lengthy battle to regain the use of her partial limb.(15) he had a long battle with illness(16) the battle over the future shape of Europe
(1) uphill battle :: ಹತ್ತುವಿಕೆ ಯುದ್ಧದಲ್ಲಿ
(2) battle cry :: ಯುದ್ಧದ ಕೂಗು
(3) battle royal :: ಬ್ಯಾಟಲ್ ರಾಯಲ್
(4) battle gear :: ಯುದ್ಧದಲ್ಲಿ ಗೇರ್
(5) battle on :: ಯುದ್ಧದಲ್ಲಿ
(6) battle of wits :: ಚಾತುರ್ಯಕ್ಕೆ ಕದನದಲ್ಲಿ
(7) battle against :: ವಿರುದ್ಧ ಯುದ್ಧದಲ್ಲಿ
(8) final battle :: ಅಂತಿಮ ಯುದ್ಧ
(9) battle cruiser :: ಯುದ್ಧದ ಕ್ರೂಸರ್
1. fight ::
2. conflict ::
3. struggle ::
4. fight ::
5. force ::
6. combat ::
battle, battled, battlement, battles, battleship, battleships, battling
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You'll all be
slaves after the BATTLE, unless I save you.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 8
Look, I am in the "Halo" BATTLE
of my life here.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 16
The glorious rebels
marching from BATTLE to BATTLE,
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 8
and you may choose
the field of BATTLE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 17
I suppose your father realized that
when your brothers died in BATTLE.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 4
English to Kannada Dictionary: battle
Meaning and definitions of battle, translation in Kannada language for battle with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of battle in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "battle"
What battle means in Kannada, battle meaning in Kannada, battle definition, examples and pronunciation of battle in Kannada language.