Noun(1) an authoritative direction or instruction to do something(2) a military unit or region under the control of a single officer(3) the power or authority to command(4) availability for use(5) a position of highest authority(6) great skillfulness and knowledge of some subject or activity(7) (computer science
Verb(1) be in command of(2) make someone do something(3) demand as one's due(4) look down on(5) exercise authoritative control or power over
(1) Once you have a command over these combinations, you can always improvise and go beyond that depending on your creativity.(2) They may both be remakes of better films, but there is no denying that the American versions of these Japanese classics now command a very strong position in the marketplace.(3) I obeyed her command without questioning, since she was responsible for the most fun I'd had in my life up to that point.(4) For much of the season, he has struggled with command of his fastball.(5) He makes a number of solid points in this column, and I imagine these abuses would have been caught much earlier had he been in command in late 2003.(6) Their massive towers were designed to house garrisons, customs and city officials and command a view of the boulevards.(7) Without question they both obeyed his command and followed after him.(8) The Magginis have a brilliant command of the idiom.(9) "I am now assuming command of this force, " I told them.(10) There is every chance he could still command a majority of above 80 at the next election, ordinarily the sign of a strong, healthy government.(11) But standing, you should have been able to command enough attention to quiet everyone down.(12) Captain York, you may have commanded your own regiment in the late war, but so long as you command a troop in mine you will obey my orders.(13) This, we would not be able to do unless we have a sound and effective command over English.(14) The military's southern command said an infantry brigade has been sent to the site to assist the citizens.(15) a five-member general command(16) David continued to examine the ship while the troops under his command maintained the perimeter.
(1) command line :: ಆದೇಶ ಸಾಲು
(2) chain of command :: ಚೈನ್ ಆಫ್ ಕಮಾಂಡ್
(3) command economy :: ನಿಯಂತ್ರಣ ಆರ್ಥಿಕ
(4) command button :: ಆದೇಶ ಬಟನ್
(5) voice command :: ಧ್ವನಿ ಆದೇಶ
(6) command center :: ನಿಯಂತ್ರಣ ಕೇಂದ್ರವನ್ನು
(7) command post :: ಆಜ್ಞೆಯನ್ನು ಪೋಸ್ಟ್
(8) command and control :: ಆದೇಶ ಮತ್ತು ನಿಯಂತ್ರಣ
(9) command module :: ಆಜ್ಞೆಯನ್ನು ಭಾಗದಲ್ಲಿ
1. order ::
2. authority ::
3. knowledge ::
4. control ::
5. statement ::
6. bid ::
7. order ::
8. be in charge of ::
9. receive ::
10. control ::
11. require ::
12. dominate ::
1. mind ::
2. obey ::
command, commanded, commanding, commands
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I am yours to COMMAND.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 8
You COMMAND the Unsullied.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 9
The siege is now under my COMMAND.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 7
I won't go
under your COMMAND.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 1
And are you not a lord at my COMMAND?
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 1
English to Kannada Dictionary: command
Meaning and definitions of command, translation in Kannada language for command with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of command in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "command"
What command means in Kannada, command meaning in Kannada, command definition, examples and pronunciation of command in Kannada language.