Noun(1) power to direct or determine(2) a relation of constraint of one entity (thing or person or group(3) (physiology(4) a standard against which other conditions can be compared in a scientific experiment(5) the activity of managing or exerting control over something(6) the state that exists when one person or group has power over another(7) discipline in personal and social activities(8) great skillfulness and knowledge of some subject or activity(9) a mechanism that controls the operation of a machine(10) a spiritual agency that is assumed to assist the medium during a seance(11) the economic policy of controlling or limiting or curbing prices or wages etc.
Verb(1) exercise authoritative control or power over(2) lessen the intensity of; temper; hold in restraint; hold or keep within limits(3) handle and cause to function(4) maintain influence over (others or oneself(5) check or regulate (a scientific experiment(6) place under restrictions; limit access to by law(7) verify by using a duplicate register for comparison(8) be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something(9) have a firm understanding or knowledge of; be on top of
(1) the pilot had manual control of the plane(2) you shouldn't have dogs if you can't control them(3) She would return to the village in the morning, when she had control over her emotions again.(4) due to circumstances beyond our control(5) The driving paradigm for police research now is clearly crime control .(6) He was stopped at passport control at the airport.(7) His unerring control of whatever machine he was driving came into play in Indianapolis, too.(8) He also called upon the citizens to launch a green revolution to control increasing pollution levels in the City.(9) Psychiatric supervision may help him control some of his feelings of anxiety and he has been offered this on an outpatient basis.(10) It also provides a central control to operate the other equipment in the room.(11) She stumbled the next few steps, and then managed to take control of her coordination.(12) A further 932 were recruited from the public to act as a control group for comparison.(13) he couldn't control the children(14) Being a scientist at heart, Gorman set up a control experiment with a man born at the same time and the same place as himself.(15) The transmissions were sent at the speed of light through the air to the distant mission control .(16) The offender had limited capacity to control her behaviour in this respect.
(1) remote control :: ದೂರ ನಿಯಂತ್ರಕ
(2) control panel :: ನಿಯಂತ್ರಣಫಲಕ
(3) out of control :: ನಿಯಂತ್ರಣ ತಪ್ಪಿದ
(4) quality control :: ಗುಣಮಟ್ಟ ನಿಯಂತ್ರಣ
(5) lose control :: ನಿಯಂತ್ರಣ ಕಳೆದುಕೊಳ್ಳಬಹುದು
(6) take control :: ಹಿಡಿತ
(7) to control :: ನಿಯಂತ್ರಣಕ್ಕೆ
(8) passport control :: ಪಾಸ್ಪೋರ್ಟ್ ನಿಯಂತ್ರಣ
(9) under control :: ನಿಯಂತ್ರಣದಲ್ಲಿ
(10) pest control :: ಕೀಟ ನಿಯಂತ್ರಣ
1. jurisdiction ::
2. restraint ::
3. self-control ::
4. switch ::
5. headquarters ::
6. controller ::
7. ascendance ::
8. command ::
9. be in charge of ::
10. restrain ::
11. limit ::
12. command ::
13. verify ::
14. contain ::
15. manipulate ::
16. assure ::
17. operate ::
18. master ::
1. lose ::
control, controlling, controls
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
you're not in CONTROL.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 10
Everything's in CONTROL here. There?
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 6
QA has been trying
to regain CONTROL
Westworld Season 2, Episode 6
Control room, indeed,
they went in, but there’s no one now.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 9
Which one would Margaery
have been better able to CONTROL?
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 5
English to Kannada Dictionary: control
Meaning and definitions of control, translation in Kannada language for control with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of control in Kannada and in English
Tags for the entry "control"
What control means in Kannada, control meaning
in Kannada, control definition, examples and pronunciation
of control in Kannada language.