Adjective(1) unlike in nature or quality or form or degree(2) distinctly separate from the first, or different(3) differing from all others; not ordinary(4) distinct or separate
(1) For me it's not that different from producing a painting or performing a piece of music.(2) Traditionally, these two approaches have different theoretical perspectives.(3) It's very different from here, and high on the list of reasons why I need to move to a big city soon.(4) We had to employ a fresh set of eyes before we set about using a different method to enhance what we had found.(5) It is the only element in retail in Bury that makes our town different , even unique.(6) And since the last recession, they've gone in different directions all together.(7) The new improved model works in a rather different way from the original version.(8) his new book isn't much different to his other books(9) Being a group of individuals, we all had different ways of dealing with the problem.(10) It was really good, and interesting because the style of food was very different .(11) This novel approach means that we need not one law for all but a different one for each individual.(12) Someone from your doctor's office takes photographs of your face from different angles.(13) He says that life in Bolton is not too different to that in Austria, except for the weather.(14) The dog, often in conjunction with the skull, points in different directions.(15) Since they are kept at different angles, the pots serve as sound reflectors.(16) To start with, it is common to distinguish between two different kinds of validity.
(1) different from :: ಅದಕ್ಕಿಂತ ಭಿನ್ನವಾದಂತ
(2) quite different :: ಕೊಂಚ ಭಿನ್ನ
(3) very different :: ಬಹಳ ವಿಭಿನ್ನ
(4) be different :: ವಿಭಿನ್ನವಾಗಿರು
(5) many different :: ವಿವಿಧ
(6) different ways :: ವಿವಿಧ ರೀತಿಯಲ್ಲಿ
(7) different kinds :: ವಿವಿಧ ರೀತಿಯ
(8) in different ways :: ವಿವಿಧ ರೀತಿಯಲ್ಲಿ
(9) in a different way :: ಬೇರೆ ರೀತಿಯಲ್ಲಿ
(10) different than :: ವಿಭಿನ್ನವಾದ
1. dissimilar ::
3. distinct ::
4. unusual ::
1. alike ::
2. identical ::
3. indistinguishable ::
4. kin ::
5. kindred ::
6. like ::
7. parallel ::
8. same ::
9. similar ::
different, differential, differentials, differently
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Her name is Sansa Stark,
but she may be using a DIFFERENT name.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 7
and build it into something
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 9
Unless they feel sad, then it's DIFFERENT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 4
Oh, you know how it is,
we wanted DIFFERENT things.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 8
I don't really
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 23
English to Kannada Dictionary: different
Meaning and definitions of different, translation in Kannada language for different with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of different in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "different"
What different means in Kannada, different meaning in Kannada, different definition, examples and pronunciation of different in Kannada language.