Verb(1) carry out or participate in an activity; be involved in(2) consume all of one's attention or time(3) engage or hire for work(4) ask to represent; of legal counsel(5) give to in marriage(6) get caught(7) carry on (wars, battles, or campaigns(8) hire for work or assistance(9) engage for service under a term of contract(10) keep engaged
(1) the clutch will not engage(2) Watch out for their weapons, and engage each respectively.(3) she had offered to engage a room in the house of the woman(4) Only an appeal to the broad mass of the people will work and they will only get excited enough to vote if the agenda is radical enough to engage their interest and support.(5) The play area with its ball pit, stuffed toys, comic racks and computer games can surely engage the attention of children irrespective of their ages.(6) Alas, he's too dull to engage any interest at all.(7) If any town, city or district is to thrive it needs to engage the interest and enthusiasm of its younger generation.(8) It is not reasonable that a solicitor should engage to act on for an indefinite number of years, winding up estates, without receiving any payment on which he can maintain himself.(9) It is the themes as much as the plot that engage the interest.(10) They can also combine with the scout platoon to engage enemy targets for hasty attacks and ambushes.(11) the teams needed to engage with local communities(12) Engage your brain before you engage your weapon.(13) Critics are quick to point to the coalition's adherence to the law of armed combat as a reason for the coalition's inability to engage the enemy as necessary.(14) They were not like the modern fairs but were where employers went to engage workers and people went to seek jobs and also to buy things.(15) The problem seems to be that when you direct your forces to attack an enemy unit, they believe that they should attack that specific unit rather than engage the enemy force as a whole.(16) So we have to engage Beijing in a thorough discussion on this matter.
(1) engage in :: ತೊಡಗಿಸಿಕೊಳ್ಳಲು
(2) to engage in :: ತೊಡಗಿಸಿಕೊಳ್ಳಲು
(3) engage with :: ತೊಡಗಿಕೊ
(4) re-engage :: ಮರು ತೊಡಗಿಸಿಕೊಳ್ಳಲು
(5) engage in a lawsuit :: ಮೊಕದ್ದಮೆ ತೊಡಗಿಸಿಕೊಳ್ಳಲು
(6) engage in conversation :: ಸಂಭಾಷಣೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ತೊಡಗುವ
(7) engage in trade :: ವ್ಯಾಪಾರದಲ್ಲಿ ತೊಡಗಿಸಿಕೊಳ್ಳಲು
1. capture ::
2. employ ::
3. contract ::
4. participate in ::
5. fight ::
6. interlock ::
7. wage ::
8. affiance ::
9. occupy ::
10. enlist ::
11. take ::
12. operate ::
13. pursue ::
1. can ::
2. discharge ::
3. dismiss ::
4. fire ::
5. sack ::
engage, engaged, engages, engaging
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
we couldn't get an army through
to ENGAGE them even if we wanted to.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 8
If the two of you ENGAGE in intercourse,
this will create the biochemical reaction...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 9
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 9
...or ENGAGE in a battle to the death
until only one queen remains.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 19
Look at you, getting me to ENGAGE
in the social sciences.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 20
English to Kannada Dictionary: engage
Meaning and definitions of engage, translation in Kannada language for engage with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of engage in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "engage"
What engage means in Kannada, engage meaning in Kannada, engage definition, examples and pronunciation of engage in Kannada language.