Noun(1) any of the terminal members of the hand (sometimes excepting the thumb(2) the length of breadth of a finger used as a linear measure(3) one of the parts of a glove that provides covering for a finger or thumb
Verb(1) feel or handle with the fingers(2) examine by touch(3) search for on the computer(4) indicate the fingering for the playing of musical scores for keyboard instruments
(1) Yen knew without a doubt that even if the squeaky clean Don had something to do with it, they'd never be able to finger him.(2) He would finger each bag for a minute, touching and stroking, and then finally moving it into a larger plastic bag.(3) The money was used to buy a pulse oximeter, a hand-held piece of equipment which is attached to an ear lobe or finger and checks lung function quickly and easily.(4) This painless device shines a reddish glowing light from a sensor attached to a finger or toe and determines how much oxygen is in the blood.(5) The lead guitarist begins to finger an intricate melody, then turns around to face the audience, a spotlight on him.(6) All this from a man who can finger a fretboard like nobody's business.(7) Proceed with moving your ring finger and then your pinky finger toward your thumb.(8) Well, at the end, those people, the prisoners will be able to finger the people who tortured them or badly treated them.(9) a shortbread finger(10) No one wants to be fingered as the person that does it.(11) To illustrate the point, he tapped the left pectoral region of his chest with four fingers .(12) By now he was in a huddle with two locals, fingering silent chords while one of them played something softly on a penny whistle.(13) He fingers his thick gold chain as he pauses for a moment.(14) He was uncovered after his employers fingered him to police over the affair.(15) She fingered the thin cloth covering her brother, opening her mouth to speak, and then quickly shutting it as if thinking better of it.(16) Sooner or later, I will have to buy some gloves and cut the fingers off so that I can keep typing.
(1) index finger :: ತೋರು ಬೆರಳು
(2) ring finger :: ಉಂಗುರದ ಬೆರಳು
(3) middle finger :: ಮಧ್ಯದ ಬೆರಳು
(4) little finger :: ಕಿರು ಬೆರಳು
(5) finger food :: ಬೆರಳು ಆಹಾರ
(6) finger tips :: ಬೆರಳಿನ
(7) fish finger :: ಮೀನು ಬೆರಳು
(8) finger paint :: ಬೆರಳನ್ನು ಬಣ್ಣದ
(9) lift a finger :: ಬೆರಳು ಎತ್ತುವ
1. digit ::
2. fingerbreadth ::
3. touch ::
4. identify ::
5. feel ::
6. thumb ::
finger, fingered, fingering, fingerings, fingerling, fingerlings, fingers
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
But he won't lift a FINGER
to help me take it.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 2
...combined with laser based
FINGER tracking. Here, I'll show you.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 5
was missing a FINGER,
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 15
Didn't need a lawyer to get me
out of FINGER painting,
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 18
Use your FINGER.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 15
English to Kannada Dictionary: finger
Meaning and definitions of finger, translation in Kannada language for finger with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of finger in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "finger"
What finger means in Kannada, finger meaning in Kannada, finger definition, examples and pronunciation of finger in Kannada language.