ಸಂತೋಷಗೊಂಡ, ಹರ್ಷಗೊಂಡ, ಸಂತುಷ್ಟಆನ೦ದಮಯ
Noun(1) any of numerous plants of the genus Gladiolus native chiefly to tropical and South Africa having sword-shaped leaves and one-sided spikes of brightly colored funnel-shaped flowers; widely cultivated
Adjective(1) showing or causing joy and pleasure; especially made happy(2) eagerly disposed to act or to be of service(3) feeling happy appreciation(4) cheerful and bright
(1) The thought disgusted me, but at the same time, made me glad .(2) I'm glad to hear this, and hope it pans out.(3) I'm glad to hear that Mark could barely see because of the ├ö├ç├┐solid wall of backs,├ö├ç├û because that means there were a lot of people there.(4) He was glad to hear complains about the perfect Sabina.(5) This is what they want and we should all be glad for being able to please.(6) It's too easy to forget to be glad for the things you do have, and be unhappy about the things you don't.(7) I was suddenly very glad for that expert hearing of his.(8) I'm glad to hear you say you have some qualms here.(9) I'm always glad to get home, put my feet up and relax.(10) To be named top dog among 140 regions from all corners of the continent is no mean feat, and we should all rejoice at such glad tidings.(11) All right, well, we're certainly glad to hear that, that all of this was in place.(12) In other news, I went back to work for a few hours, sharing the glad tidings with my coworkers in such detail that one of my students asked me if someone had had a baby.(13) ├ö├ç├┐And we're always glad to welcome new members as well,├ö├ç├û he said.(14) I am very glad to hear that it won - and great prizes too!(15) Working with such great folks, from our authors to the other editors to all the readers, is a true pleasure and I'm glad to have been given the opportunity.(16) Privately, she was glad for the excuse to avert her gaze.
(1) be glad :: ಸಂತೋಷವಾಗಿರು
(2) very glad :: ತುಂಬಾ ಸಂತೋಷ
(3) glad to meet :: ಭೇಟಿ ಸಂತೋಷವನ್ನು
(4) be glad to :: ಸಂತೋಷದಿಂದ
(5) glad tidings :: ಸಂತೋಷವನ್ನು ಸಮಾಚಾರ
(6) glad rags :: ಸಂತೋಷವನ್ನು ಬಡತನದಿಂದ
(7) glad about :: ಬಗ್ಗೆ ಸಂತೋಷವನ್ನು
(8) glad-hand :: ಸಂತೋಷವನ್ನು ಕೈ
2. willing ::
3. pleasing ::
4. happy ::
6. gladiolus ::
1. dissatisfied ::
2. sad ::
3. unhappy ::
glad, gladly, gladness, glads, gladsome
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Well, I'm just GLAD
you finally found yourself a keeper.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 9
I'll tell you what,
I'm GLAD you're back.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 3
I'm GLAD to hear it.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 9
I'm GLAD you asked me
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 14
l'm GLAD you like it.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 6
English to Kannada Dictionary: glad
Meaning and definitions of glad, translation in Kannada language for glad with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of glad in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "glad"
What glad means in Kannada, glad meaning in Kannada, glad definition, examples and pronunciation of glad in Kannada language.