Noun(1) death of a person(2) a place for the burial of a corpse (especially beneath the ground and marked by a tombstone(3) a mark (`
Verb(1) shape (a material like stone or wood(2) carve, cut, or etch into a material or surface
Adjective(1) dignified and somber in manner or character and committed to keeping promises(2) causing fear or anxiety by threatening great harm(3) of great gravity or crucial import; requiring serious thought
(1) There are grave dangers in extending such subsidies, as the absurdity at present under discussion of providing hourly salary levels for visual artists suggests.(2) Like sheep they are destined for the grave , and death will feed on them.(3) Even a minute crack on the submarine's surface can lead to a watery grave .(4) So they hem and haw and appear ever so grave and thoughtful.(5) Does a look-up table exist that matches whole range of such non-English letters with their nearest-looking English equivalents? I'm thinking o and u umlaut, c and s cedilla, o circumflex, Turkish g and undotted-i, Scandinavian o with a line through it, Spanish n, e with a grave and acute, accented a, the diphthongs.(6) a mass grave(7) In the Seetalsee across the border in Austria a further Ôö¼├║500m in ingots is said to repose in a watery grave .(8) ├ö├ç├┐You need to tell me more about yourself, mister,├ö├ç├û I said, feigning grave seriousness.(9) It is often at the graveside that people's ears and hearts strain to hear a word that carries beyond death and the grave .(10) Meanwhile, mom's heart may not be beating, but she's still with them, naggingly offering irritating guilt trips from beyond the grave .(11) Furthermore, the conviction of a registered medical practitioner for offences of violence is a matter of grave concern.(12) Sasha looked down at her sister's fresh grave .(13) His brown eyes held a grave seriousness to them.(14) All the secular knowledge in the world will not give a man joy and gladness, when he thinks on sickness, and death, and the grave .(15) But everybody knows the situation is very grave and that not enough aid is arriving.(16) life beyond the grave
(1) mass grave :: ಸಾಮೂಹಿಕ ಸಮಾಧಿ
(2) beyond the grave :: ಸಮಾಧಿ ಮೀರಿ
(3) grave robber :: ಸಮಾಧಿಯ ದರೋಡೆ
(4) grave danger :: ಅಪಾಯದಲ್ಲಿ
(5) grave digger :: ಗ್ರೇವ್ ಡಿಗ್ಗರ್
(6) grave accent :: ಅನುದಾತ್ತ
(7) one foot in the grave :: ಗುಂಡಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಒಂದು ಅಡಿ
(8) grave mistake :: ಸಮಾಧಿಯ ತಪ್ಪು
(9) watery grave :: ಜಲಸಮಾಧಿ
1. serious ::
2. solemn ::
3. weighty ::
4. sedate ::
5. life-threatening ::
6. burial site ::
7. grave accent ::
8. tomb ::
9. sculpture ::
10. inscribe ::
grave, graved, graveness, graves, graving
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
to protect them from GRAVE danger.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 2
Bearing false witness before the gods
is as GRAVE a sin as any, my lady.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 6
I don't mean to follow Ned Stark to the GRAVE.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 3
Okay, here's one I thought
I'd take to the GRAVE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 1
You can't avenge him from the GRAVE.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 5
English to Kannada Dictionary: grave
Meaning and definitions of grave, translation in Kannada language for grave with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of grave in Kannada and in English
Tags for the entry "grave"
What grave means in Kannada, grave meaning
in Kannada, grave definition, examples and pronunciation
of grave in Kannada language.