ಕಷ್ಟದಿಂದ, ಕಠಿನ ರೀತಿಯಲ್ಲಿಕಠಿಣವಾದ
Adverb(1) only a very short time before(2) almost not(3) slowly and with difficulty
(1) Employees can hardly sit, idly waiting for new work to come along.(2) But the maxim that you can fall in love at any age could hardly be more true than for James Foster and Barbara Scott.(3) I've ridden bikes for years, but nothing compares to this pain - I've hardly sat down for days.(4) I think it's a salutory consequence, hardly insignificant, but it's not Job One.(5) As time went by, a subtle change began to overtake her, transforming her by degrees into another person hardly recognizable to her children.(6) Kennedy is fully entitled to conduct his crusade to humble the medical profession, but this level of zeal hardly qualifies him for the conduct of a public inquiry.(7) How on earth can someone who can hardly stand up straight be expected to work out how drunk they are and then decide how to get themselves home on the basis of that?(8) I hardly think so(9) The binding nature of the court's legal opinion is hardly a matter of true concern for Zionists.(10) The surly behaviour of the United camp to the foreign media has hardly qualified as a charm offensive on either front.(11) Now being a Texas resident for the past five years might make me a citizen of the state, but it hardly qualifies me as a true Texan.(12) I could hardly see even straight ahead - the netting was against my eyes, so that I couldn't ignore it.(13) Now the 15-year-old club-mates can hardly bear to sit and watch the Games at home on television.(14) Even that hardly ensures true objectivity - whatever that is - but it's probably the best we can hope for.(15) The short multi-party history, however, shows that this desire hardly comes true and is never realized for long.(16) I staggered around in my kitchen for a few minutes holding my gut while I laughed because I could hardly sit on my chair!
(1) hardly ever :: ಅಷ್ಟೇನೂ ಇದುವರೆಗೆ
(2) hardly any :: ಬಹಳ ಕಡಿಮೆ
(3) hardly anybody :: ಕಷ್ಟದಿಂದ ಯಾರಾದರೂ
1. scarcely ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- I guess we'll just bring it up ourselves.
- I HARDLY think so.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 2
- Hey, you afraid of heights, Cooper?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 13
You want justice, Lord Royce.
I can HARDLY complain about that.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 8
I could HARDLY let you
take those first
Westworld Season 2, Episode 7
That HARDLY seems fair.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 4
English to Kannada Dictionary: hardly
Meaning and definitions of hardly, translation in Kannada language for hardly with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of hardly in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "hardly"
What hardly means in Kannada, hardly meaning in Kannada, hardly definition, examples and pronunciation of hardly in Kannada language.