Noun(1) the bottom of a shoe or boot; the back part of a shoe or boot that touches the ground and provides elevation(2) the back part of the human foot(3) someone who is morally reprehensible(4) one of the crusty ends of a loaf of bread(5) the lower end of a ship's mast(6) (golf
Verb(1) tilt to one side(2) follow at the heels of a person(3) perform with the heels(4) strike with the heel of the club(5) put a new heel on
(1) This causes the foot to be sharply angled at the heel , with the foot pointing up and outward.(2) As the heel of my shoe tapped against the ground it made a click like noise, which echoed through the long narrow corridor.(3) Kneel at his or her feet, put the heel of one hand above his or her navel, put the other hand over your fist with the fingers of both hands pointing toward his or her head.(4) what kind of a heel do you think I am?(5) The tendon is attached to the back of the heel and is pulled by two muscles in the calf.(6) If I were to try to locate the sensations I'd say they were at the bottom of my leg in my heel / ankle/toes.(7) Then push your foot all the way up in the boot - when you flex the ankle, the heel shouldn't slide up more than half an inch.(8) I closed my eyes, pressing the heel of my palm against my forehead.(9) Your sock's heel should fit snugly around your heel.(10) Irons from the 1930s, for example, had a center of gravity high on the clubface and well toward the heel .(11) The guy had caught it so far in on the heel that the ball had literally rolled between his legs.(12) Such behaviour is just unfathomable to me, like throwing out the heel of the bread or cutting the fat off rashers.(13) The older fighter stood there in an empty stance as if he were simply holding a conversation, until the moment she struck at his chest with the heel of her left palm.(14) When the phantom pains are coming on strong the illusion is complete; I can feel my toes, my heel and my ankle even if I can't see them.(15) He scuffed a pit in the snow with the heel of his shoe.(16) He ground the heel of his shoe into the feebly sparking wire and scowled.
(1) stiletto heel :: stiletto ಹಿಮ್ಮಡಿ
(2) head over heel :: ಹೀಲ್ ಮೇಲೆ ತಲೆ
(3) down-at-heel :: ಕೆಳಗೆ-ನಲ್ಲಿ ಹೀಲ್
(4) heel bone :: ಹಿಮ್ಮಡಿ ಮೂಳೆ
(5) spike heel :: ಶೀರ್ಷಕ ಹೀಲ್
(6) shoe heel :: ಶೂ ಹೀಲ್
(7) bring to heel :: ಹೀಲ್ ತರಲು
1. wedge ::
2. tail end ::
3. scoundrel ::
4. dog ::
5. lean over ::
7. list ::
heel, heeled, heeling, heelless, heels
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
and brought the Seven Kingdoms
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 2
And I fixed the HEEL on this one.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 5
This HEEL is ruined. There's no way...
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 2
and not the beasts
that brought the whole world to HEEL?
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 7
You will bring that boy king to HEEL,
and his mother too, if needs be.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 10
English to Kannada Dictionary: heel
Meaning and definitions of heel, translation in Kannada language for heel with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of heel in Kannada and in English
Tags for the entry "heel"
What heel means in Kannada, heel meaning
in Kannada, heel definition, examples and pronunciation
of heel in Kannada language.