Noun(1) an often persistent bodily disorder or disease; a cause for complaining
Adjective(1) affected by an impairment of normal physical or mental function(2) resulting in suffering or adversity(3) distressing(4) indicating hostility or enmity(5) presaging ill fortune
Adverb(1) (`ill' is often used as a combining form(2) unfavorably or with disapproval(3) with difficulty or inconvenience; scarcely or hardly
(1) We didn't wish the fox ill , but his determination to steal our hens didn't make him a friend of the family either.(2) The wife admitted that she and her husband had frequently had potted meat from the shop without ill effects.(3) Cursing their ill luck, the ad men are spending extra money to remove these posters to make the hoardings visible.(4) Perhaps you are living with someone who is ill with a life-threatening disease.(5) You don't hear people talking about any other part that the markets will take care of it, that free trade is the panacea for every ill .(6) For his ill fortune alone, defeat was unthinkable.(7) In short, I wish Mr Akam no ill , but hope this acts as a piece of constructive criticism.(8) The ill effects included foetal hypoxia and death, neo-natal jaundice and several such complications.(9) The symbol is formed from the shape of a cross, with the arms bent to the right symbolising health and life, or to the left, which came to symbolise ill fortune.(10) As explained elsewhere, the trip to Brisbane, or more precisely the trip back, was a journey of ill omen for young Les as it threw him into the close company of Tim O'Sullivan.(11) Compared to the convenience of the tool, the ill effect of spam is very serious.(12) During the bloody war in Bosnia, various drug companies donated tons of their medicines to treat the war's wounded and the ill .(13) Some of the exhibits clearly illustrated the ill effects of pollution on public health.(14) If that's for good or ill can't be judged, because the only vestiges we get of that more satirical version are a few extended scenes among the extras.(15) On the occasion his mother had taken ill and he was trying to get assistance for her.(16) Is this an ill omen, I wonder, or some kind of inner-city voodoo ritual?
(1) fall ill :: ಆನಾರೋಗ್ಯ ಬೀಳು
(2) be ill :: ಅನಾರೋಗ್ಯಕ್ಕೆ
(3) feel ill :: ಕೆಟ್ಟ ಅಭಿಪ್ರಾಯ
(4) mentally ill :: ಮಾನಸಿಕ ಅಸ್ವಸ್ಥ
(5) get ill :: ರೋಗಪೀಡಿತನಾಗು
(6) ill-fated :: ದುರ್ದೈವದ
(7) ill-treat :: ಕೆಟ್ಟ ಸತ್ಕಾರದ
1. unwell ::
2. harmful ::
3. hostile ::
4. unlucky ::
5. rude ::
6. bad ::
7. ominous ::
8. sick ::
10. harm ::
12. ailment ::
13. poorly ::
15. barely ::
17. badly ::
1. anodyne ::
2. benign ::
3. innocent ::
4. innocuous ::
5. inoffensive ::
6. safe ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I'll get it.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 17
You know what? I'll take care of it.
Excuse me, son.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 13
Do a good job and I'll tell you
Cosmo's ten dynamite tips
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 20
I'll see you around.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 1
If it makes you uncomfortable, I'll switch
partners even though the thing's due...
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 8
English to Kannada Dictionary: ill
Meaning and definitions of ill, translation in Kannada language for ill with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of ill in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "ill"
What ill means in Kannada, ill meaning in Kannada, ill definition, examples and pronunciation of ill in Kannada language.