Noun(1) the officer below the master on a commercial ship(2) a fellow member of a team(3) the partner of an animal (especially a sexual partner(4) a person's partner in marriage(5) an exact duplicate(6) one of a pair(7) South American holly; leaves used in making a drink like tea(8) informal term for a friend of the same sex(9) South American tea-like drink made from leaves of a South American holly called mate(10) a chess move constituting an inescapable and indefensible attack on the opponent's king
Verb(1) engage in sexual intercourse(2) bring two objects, ideas, or people together(3) place an opponent's king under an attack from which it cannot escape and thus ending the game
(1) It seems likely that there was a minimum crew comprising master, mate , boatswain, at least two seamen and possibly one apprentice.(2) The male partner will provision his mate with food but does not go into the maternity den.(3) None of that euphemistic glowing or perspiring here, mate .(4) It is always terrifying to give birth; how much more so without one's mate there to share the moment?(5) Image is everything in Hollywood, and one's mate is among one's most important accessories.(6) Crouching, with wings outstretched, the huge birds mate , then fly away together to a nearby glade.(7) a sock without its mate(8) Both admitted intentionally killing a wild bird, injuring its mate and having a loaded air rifle without lawful authority.(9) So, I asked my daughter, do the teachers talk of love - for mate and child - in terms of respect?(10) More and more anglers are either going solo, or going in partnership with a mate or several mates and buying their own boat.(11) Girls should have the confidence to play hard to get, to wait until they find a mate who matches their demands rather than giving in so easily.(12) I mean, that's terrible to lose a life partner and a mate at any age, but certainly at a young age like that.(13) A randy tortoise is on the run after scaling a two-foot wall in search of a new partner after his mate of 38 years died.(14) In late winter they migrate to selected shallow bays, forming congregations to pair and eventually mate .(15) Members of the same species can mate and breed to produce fertile offspring.(16) I just had the perfect run, mate , it was like I was in the zone, you know, it was just all happening for me, and I just got the best run through.
(1) soul mate :: ಆತ್ಮ ಸಂಗಾತಿಯ
(2) class mate :: ವರ್ಗ ಸಂಗಾತಿಯ
(3) first mate :: ಮೊದಲ ಆಟಗಾರ
(4) chief mate :: ಮುಖ್ಯ ಸಂಗಾತಿಯ
(5) running mate :: ಸಹಸ್ಪರ್ಧಿಯೆಂದು
(6) team-mate :: ತಂಡದ ಸಹ ಆಟಗಾರ
(7) second mate :: ಎರಡನೇ ಆಟಗಾರ
(8) drinking mate :: ಕುಡಿಯುವ ಸಂಗಾತಿಯ
1. partner ::
2. match ::
3. better half ::
4. fellow ::
5. teammate ::
6. first mate ::
7. checkmate ::
8. breed ::
9. checkmate ::
10. copulate ::
11. twin ::
mate, mated, mates, matey, mateys, mating
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Well, so he's using his money
to attract a MATE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 21
...because she's scouting for a new MATE
and doesn't wanna do it in front of you.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 6
"I can only think of talking
to his cell MATE.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 8
Does the horse MATE with the lamb?
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 8
We have it, MATE!
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 11
English to Kannada Dictionary: mate
Meaning and definitions of mate, translation in Kannada language for mate with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of mate in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "mate"
What mate means in Kannada, mate meaning in Kannada, mate definition, examples and pronunciation of mate in Kannada language.