Noun(1) a vaguely specified concern(2) some situation or event that is thought about(3) that which has mass and occupies space(4) a problem(5) (used with negation(6) written works (especially in books or magazines
Verb(1) have weight; have import, carry weight
(1) Any readers who can suggest suitable reading matter or anything else to keep him amused would be doing me a favour.(2) there was blood and matter coming from the wounds(3) what did it matter to them?(4) The only road to the two farms is by the lane which has been used for centuries, so what is the matter with it now?(5) It's also not a show that's performed very often - and having seen the content matter , I can see why.(6) For one thing, how can empty space explode without there being matter or energy?(7) He paused, having nothing further to say on the matter and then changed subject.(8) We grew impatient waiting for the next dose of reading matter .(9) punctuality does matter(10) In the universe matter and physical space are in permanent dynamic equilibrium.(11) what's the matter?(12) the first matter for discussion is the timetable(13) A spokesman said later that they were taking an interest and were giving the matter careful consideration.(14) What is the matter with this man and his brain-to-mouth impediment?(15) pretend that nothing's the matter(16) The latrines had a heater beneath, which would burn the faecal matter slowly without causing any smell.
(1) no matter :: ಯಾವುದೇ
(2) it does not matter :: ಇದು ವಿಷಯವಲ್ಲ
(3) as a matter of fact :: ವಾಸ್ತವವಾಗಿ ಒಂದು ಮ್ಯಾಟರ್ ಮಾಹಿತಿ
(4) what's the matter :: ಏನು ಮ್ಯಾಟರ್
(5) no matter what :: ಏನೇ ಆಗಿರಲಿ
(6) no matter how :: ಹೇಗಾದರೂ
(7) the matter :: ವಿಷಯ
1. material ::
2. affair ::
3. importance ::
4. problem ::
5. content ::
6. subject ::
7. be important ::
8. count ::
1. answer ::
2. solution ::
antimatter, matter, mattered, mattering, matters
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- What's the MATTER?
- No, I'm fine.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 3
No, but it's only
a MATTER of time.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 3
- ...it's an extremely private MATTER.
- I'd like to know the details.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 13
and other people's feelings don't MATTER?
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 13
All I do is win, win, win, no MATTER what
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 2
English to Kannada Dictionary: matter
Meaning and definitions of matter, translation in Kannada language for matter with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of matter in Kannada and in English
Tags for the entry "matter"
What matter means in Kannada, matter meaning
in Kannada, matter definition, examples and pronunciation
of matter in Kannada language.