Noun(1) English statesman who opposed Henry VIII's divorce from Catherine of Aragon and was imprisoned and beheaded; recalled for his concept of Utopia, the ideal state
Adjective(1) a quantifier that can be used with count nouns and is often preceded by `as' or `too' or `so' or `that'; amounting to a large but indefinite number(2) (comparative of `much' used with mass nouns(3) (comparative of `many' used with count nouns(4) (quantifier used with mass nouns
Adverb(1) used to form the comparative of some adjectives and adverbs(2) comparative of much; to a greater degree or extent(3) to a great degree or extent(4) very(5) to a very great degree or extent(6) (degree adverb used before a noun phrase(7) frequently or in great quantities
(1) So the good news for the company is that more customers are positive about the merger than before.(2) We are all positive and there is a lot more of a professional attitude around the whole team.(3) the more wealthy should share(4) McNamara was one of several who proved a more than able deputy for an injured colleague.(5) Perhaps the people around them should have listened more to the doubts that they did express.(6) there's nothing more to say(7) she is more than happy to oblige(8) Moreover, reviews are more likely to have dramatic findings if their methods are weak.(9) An instructor is available to deal with all grades, new members are more than welcome.(10) He managed to convey a more vivid sense of what life in the 1980s was like for aspiring artists.(11) the work is even more challenging than before(12) she likes rock music a lot more(13) He also accused Labour of privatising public services more than the Tories did.(14) Why are some social groups able to influence the political agenda more than others?(15) We don't want a two-tier service where the rich can pay more for better facilities.(16) Basically, the rich are more likely to go to university and therefore they are the ones who have to fork out.
(1) many :: ಅನೇಕ
(2) no more :: ಇನ್ನಿಲ್ಲ
(3) more than :: ಹೆಚ್ಚು
(4) one more time :: ಇನ್ನೊಮ್ಮೆ
(5) more or less :: ಹೆಚ್ಚು ಕಡಿಮೆ
(6) one more :: ಮತ್ತೊಂದು
(7) once more :: ಮತ್ತೊಮ್ಮೆ
(8) even more :: ಇನ್ನಷ್ಟು
(9) more and more :: ಹೆಚ್ಹು ಮತ್ತು ಹೆಚ್ಹು
(10) much more :: ಇನ್ನೂ ಹೆಚ್ಚು
(11) no more than :: ಹೆಚ್ಚು
1. additional ::
2. further ::
3. added ::
4. extra ::
5. increased ::
6. new ::
7. other ::
8. supplementary ::
9. to a greater extent ::
10. further ::
11. some more ::
12. better ::
13. extra ::
14. an additional amount ::
ಒಂದು ಹೆಚ್ಚುವರಿ ಮೊತ್ತವನ್ನು
15. an addition ::
16. an increase ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You know, I'm being a bad host.
Let me get some MORE coffee.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 20
You know, it occurs to me. You could solve
all your problems by obtaining MORE money.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 14
More Halloween candy?
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 7
and far MORE
powerful than England.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 8
l certainly MORE than understand
how to count cards.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 4
English to Kannada Dictionary: more
Meaning and definitions of more, translation in Kannada language for more with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of more in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "more"
What more means in Kannada, more meaning in Kannada, more definition, examples and pronunciation of more in Kannada language.