Noun(1) the act of communicating with a deity (especially as a petition or in adoration or contrition or thanksgiving(2) reverent petition to a deity(3) earnest or urgent request(4) a fixed text used in praying(5) someone who prays to God
(1) He fell to his knees, hands clasped in a prayer of thanksgiving.(2) I'll say a prayer for him(3) To them, and to all of you, it is my wish and regular prayer that this new year will bring peace and harmony.(4) I take in shattered breaths, gathering all the strength I need, uttering a silent prayer to God.(5) He muttered a quick prayer to God, asking him for forgiveness.(6) it is our prayer that the current progress on human rights will be sustained(7) the peace of God is ours through prayer(8) Sincere prayer also furthers the glorification of God, the goal of all creation.(9) With a silent prayer hoping that her plan would work, she threw the talisman at the demons.(10) Just before the final dive into the Pacific Ocean, she is heard leading the sinner's prayer for salvation.(11) The same dress code applies to marriages and funerals and normally applies to morning and evening prayer on Sundays.(12) A special prayer around the Cross for young people takes place for the Lenten Season.(13) Helen closed the door behind the man, and said a silent prayer of thanks.(14) A remote, retroactive intercessory prayer was said for the well being and full recovery of the intervention group.(15) Jillian said a silent prayer to the gods of all small percussionists.(16) Anne prayed her prayer of thanks to the Lord for this gracious meal and heard Luke praying with her.
(1) say a prayer :: ಪ್ರಾರ್ಥನೆ ಹೇಳುತ್ತಾರೆ
(2) prayer beads :: ಪ್ರಾರ್ಥನಾ ಮಣಿಗಳು
(3) prayer book :: ಪ್ರಾರ್ಥನಾ ಪುಸ್ತಕ
(4) prayer rug :: ಪ್ರಾರ್ಥನೆ ಕಂಬಳಿ
(5) prayer meeting :: ಪ್ರಾರ್ಥನಾ ಸಭೆಗೆ
(6) morning prayer :: ಬೆಳಗಿನ ಪ್ರಾರ್ಥನೆ
(7) prayer mat :: ಪ್ರಾರ್ಥನಾ ಚಾಪೆ
(8) in prayer :: ಪ್ರಾರ್ಥನೆಯಲ್ಲಿ
(9) silent prayer :: ಮೂಕ ಪ್ರಾರ್ಥನೆ
(10) prayer shawl :: ಪ್ರಾರ್ಥನೆ ಶಾಲು
1. invocation ::
2. appeal ::
4. supplicant ::
5. orison ::
prayer, prayerful, prayers
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Revenge is just
a different PRAYER
at their altar, darling.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 2
Furthermore, after much PRAYER
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 8
A PRAYER almost.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 3
Of course. Prayer can be helpful, I hear.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 1
Find comfort in PRAYER and good works.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 7
English to Kannada Dictionary: prayer
Meaning and definitions of prayer, translation in Kannada language for prayer with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of prayer in Kannada and in English
Tags for the entry "prayer"
What prayer means in Kannada, prayer meaning
in Kannada, prayer definition, examples and pronunciation
of prayer in Kannada language.