Noun(1) a person who is the aim of an attack (especially a victim of ridicule or exploitation(2) animal hunted or caught for food
Verb(1) profit from in an exploitatory manner(2) prey on or hunt for
(1) The enzymes and toxins in scorpion venom are used by the arachnid to paralyse its prey and digest its food.(2) he was easy prey for the two con men(3) The carnival regularly attracts armies of purse snatchers and pickpockets who find easy prey among the revellers.(4) People who prey on elderly women ought to be locked up forever.(5) A lot of youth are illiterate and unemployed and easy prey .(6) A scheme to take on cowboy builders who prey on elderly people was launched by Sutton and Cheam MP Paul Burstow last week.(7) Foxes as predators prey on lambs and chickens and kill native small marsupials and rodents.(8) Police have warned the public to be on their guard for two men posing as policemen who prey on elderly victims in their homes.(9) Real vampire bats prey on cattle and horses, take tiny quantities of blood and are dangerous only insofar as they sometimes carry bovine tuberculosis and rabies.(10) There wasn't much Joe enjoyed more than baiting his brothers and Adam, with his more volatile temper, was easy prey .(11) That makes them easy prey for insurance crooks who promise to recoup more than a policy is worth - for a fee - then disappear.(12) Spotted hyenas kill their own prey more often than they scavenge.(13) You've been waiting in the wings since 2001, but you haven't yet cemented your spot - does that prey on your mind?(14) The region's 70,000-strong student population is the largest in the country and criminals often see them as easy prey .(15) Think of a carnivore animal evolving powerful jaws to catch and kill its prey .(16) They deserve a lot of credit for the way they compete each week, knowing that most teams regard them as easy prey .
(1) bird of prey :: ರಣಹದ್ದು
(2) birds of prey :: ಬೇಟೆ ಹಕ್ಕಿಗಳ
(3) prey on :: ಬೇಟೆಯಾಡುವ
(4) beast of prey :: ಬೇಟೆಯ ಪ್ರಾಣಿಯ
(5) easy prey :: ಸುಲಭವಾಗಿ ಬೇಟೆಯ
(6) prey upon :: ಮೇಲೆ ಬೇಟೆಯನ್ನು
(7) fall prey :: ಬೀಳುತ್ತವೆ ಬೇಟೆಯನ್ನು
(8) fall prey to :: ಬಲಿಯಾಗಬಹುದು
1. quarry ::
2. victim ::
3. target ::
4. raven ::
5. feed ::
prey, preyed, preying, preys
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Trust me, Kripke will fall easy PREY
to my psychological warfare. Observe.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 12
...has fallen PREY to the inexplicable need
for human contact...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 12
The young PREY on the old,
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 10
in pursuit of their PREY.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 5
We don't pray to them.
We PREY on them.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 2
English to Kannada Dictionary: prey
Meaning and definitions of prey, translation in Kannada language for prey with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of prey in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "prey"
What prey means in Kannada, prey meaning in Kannada, prey definition, examples and pronunciation of prey in Kannada language.