Noun(1) refusal to accept some authority or code or convention(2) organized opposition to authority; a conflict in which one faction tries to wrest control from another
(1) the authorities put down a rebellion by landless colonials(2) It was an act of rebellion against the rigid strictures of both the contemporary social mores and the strict code of ballet.(3) This is now past teenage rebellion where you thought your mother was the worst person in the world.(4) In a fit of teenage rebellion , I had told God to get out of my life and leave me alone.(5) an act of teenage rebellion(6) the Bretons rose in rebellion against the King(7) Perhaps we should turn to other forms of rebellion , such as rock 'n' roll.(8) But they are also more able to channel their feelings into acts of rebellion .(9) After all, let's not pretend that all worthwhile pop music has always been about generational rebellion .(10) Early in his life, he had converted to Catholicism, as a kind of teenage act of rebellion .(11) To suggest that teenage rebellion is a modern phenomenon is just plain wrong, Ruth says.(12) The following films deal with rebellion against arbitrary or repressive authority.(13) Even the engagement was an act of fierce rebellion and shunning of anachronistic traditions.(14) When this is a choice made against knowledge it becomes a serious act of rebellion .(15) So instead, I am planning to stage my own little acts of social rebellion throughout the day.(16) For these dogs, there is no such thing as betrayal or rebellion , only loyalty.
(1) rise in rebellion :: ದಂಗೆ ಏರಿಕೆ
(2) armed rebellion :: ಶಸ್ತ್ರಸಜ್ಜಿತ ದಂಗೆಯ
1. uprising ::
2. defiance ::
3. rising ::
1. compliance ::
2. obedience ::
3. submission ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 13
- We were outnumbered ten to one.
- A stupid REBELLION, then.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 4
a girl whose brother is in open REBELLION
against the throne as we speak.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 10
he'd still be fighting
a damned REBELLION.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 5
and three of them are in open REBELLION.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 1
English to Kannada Dictionary: rebellion
Meaning and definitions of rebellion, translation in Kannada language for rebellion with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of rebellion in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "rebellion"
What rebellion means in Kannada, rebellion meaning in Kannada, rebellion definition, examples and pronunciation of rebellion in Kannada language.