Noun(1) a condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people(2) hand tool having a toothed blade for cutting(3) a power tool for cutting wood
Verb(1) cut with a saw(2) perceive by sight or have the power to perceive by sight(3) perceive (an idea or situation(4) perceive or be contemporaneous with(5) imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind(6) deem to be(7) get to know or become aware of, usually accidentally(8) see or watch(9) come together(10) find out, learn, or determine with certainty, usually by making an inquiry or other effort(11) be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something(12) go to see for professional or business reasons(13) go to see for a social visit(14) go to see a place, as for entertainment(15) take charge of or deal with(16) receive as a specified guest
(1) Whether or not they like current expressions of democracy, I think it would be fair to say that most people agree with this old saw .(2) Don't believe the old saw that you can't be out and still be a mover and shaker in Hollywood.(3) But you may recall I packed a late lunch and, as the old saw goes, time waits for no one.(4) More broadly, though, history teaches that the old saw is correct - shares do offer the best returns in the long run.(5) Since you cannot score and crack it like ceramic tiles, your best bet is to rent a wet saw .(6) A contractor saw or a hybrid saw of good quality suits the needs of most woodworkers.(7) If you don't own a miter saw , rent one.(8) According to the old saw , a language is a dialect with an army and a navy.(9) A pruning saw with a curved blade that's narrow at the tip will help you get into tight spaces.(10) it is worth bearing in mind another old saw : ├ö├ç├┐oppositions do not win elections; governments lose them├ö├ç├û(11) It helps to wrap an elastic cord around the whole bunch and use a saw to cut the old stems below the cord.(12) Jacob awoke on a cold morning to an unending beeping and a sound only comparable to a saw cutting wood.(13) Mark the cut line on the board and position the saw with its blade on the line.(14) Hold the base plate, or shoe, of the saw against the board to be sure the blade is lined up with the line.(15) A servant eased out of a small door with a four-string violin and began to saw quietly at it.(16) Going in with a pruning saw to undo a decade or more of overgrowth in one shot can be disastrous to an old tree.
(1) see :: ನೋಡಿ
(2) saw blade :: ಗರಗಸದ ಬ್ಲೇಡ್
(3) hand saw :: ಕೈಯಲ್ಲಿ ಗರಗಸದ
(4) circular saw :: ವೃತ್ತಾಕಾರದ ಗರಗಸ
(5) chain saw :: ಚೈನ್ ಸಾ
(6) power saw :: ವಿದ್ಯುತ್ ಗರಗಸದ
(7) saw palmetto :: ಗರಗಸ ತಾಳೆಮರ
(8) table saw :: ಟೇಬಲ್ ಗರಗಸದ
(9) buzz saw :: buzz ಈ ಗರಗಸದ
(10) scroll saw :: ಚಲನ ಸಾ
(11) wood saw :: ಮರದ ಗರಗಸದ
1. saying ::
2. proverb ::
3. sawing machine ::
saw, sawed, sawing, saws
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I SAW the way they looked at you.
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 4
Sir, we SAW 'em.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 3
Till I SAW a few of the boys sniggering.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 3
If I SAW you out
with another woman,
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 23
that if I ever SAW you again,
I'd cut you in half.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 5
English to Kannada Dictionary: saw
Meaning and definitions of saw, translation in Kannada language for saw with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of saw in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "saw"
What saw means in Kannada, saw meaning in Kannada, saw definition, examples and pronunciation of saw in Kannada language.