ಗೀರು, ಗೀಚು, ಕೊರೆಪರಚುಪರಚು
Noun(1) an abraded area where the skin is torn or worn off(2) a depression scratched or carved into a surface(3) informal terms for money(4) a competitor who has withdrawn from competition(5) a line indicating the location of the start of a race or a game(6) dry mash for poultry(7) a harsh noise made by scraping(8) poor handwriting(9) (golf(10) an indication of damage
Verb(1) cause friction(2) cut the surface of; wear away the surface of(3) scrape or rub as if to relieve itching(4) postpone indefinitely or annul something that was scheduled(5) remove by erasing or crossing out or as if by drawing a line(6) gather (money or other resources(7) carve, cut, or etch into a material or surface
(1) However, people in movies routinely jump through plate glass windows without receiving a single scratch .(2) I won't get the benefit of those eighteen shots because it is a scratch event but at least I could make an attempt at qualifying.(3) Failing to scratch out a run against a starter such as Kip Wells is much different than what happened Sunday.(4) It doesn't matter if you're a duffer or a scratch golfer, there are a wide variety of courses with unique layouts and challenges for golfers of all skill levels.(5) Residents scratch out a living amid blocks of abandoned, boarded up, burned-out row houses and vacant warehouses.(6) Glass was taking courses at KU, so he joined a scratch league at the student union.(7) The newspapers were filled with images of people buried in rubble, yet walking away without a scratch .(8) I picked up the paper clip as my mind told me ├ö├ç├┐Just one little scratch wont hurt.├ö├ç├û(9) She then proceeded to spend a homeless night in strange surroundings out in the cold before being found, without a scratch on her, by her worried owners.(10) Oh wait scratch that I do plan ahead.(11) Hendley held out hope the rest of the night that the Cubs might scratch out a run, but saw those hopes diminish rapidly as Koufax got stronger and stronger.(12) She crawled back into bed when she heard a scratch at her bedroom door.(13) A few moments later I heard the scratch of a match against a striker, then smelled the sweet acrid aroma of marijuana.(14) Conjunctivitis may also occur due to allergies or from a scratch on the surface of the eye.(15) With the pitch already booked but no one to play, word reached the Lashings pub, where a scratch team was hastily put together among staff and regulars.(16) Cases hitting the ground will inevitably pick up grit that can scratch the inside of the die and leave a mark on every case loaded.
(1) from scratch :: ಆರಂಭದಿಂದ
(2) start from scratch :: ಮೊದಲಿನಿಂದ ಆರಂಭಿಸು
(3) to scratch :: ಗೀರುವುದು
(4) scratch card :: ಸ್ಕ್ರಾಚ್ ಕಾರ್ಡ್
(5) scratch the surface :: ಮೇಲ್ಮೈ ಸ್ಕ್ರಾಚ್
(6) scratch paper :: ಮೊದಲಿನಿಂದ ಕಾಗದದ
(7) scratch out :: ಔಟ್ ಗೀರುವುದು
(8) scratch off :: ಆಫ್ ಗೀರುವುದು
(9) up to scratch :: ಅಪ್ ಗೀರುವುದು
(10) scratch-cat :: ತೀರ ಬೆಕ್ಕು
1. graze ::
2. scrape ::
3. prick ::
4. scar ::
5. start ::
6. scribble ::
7. lolly ::
8. scraping ::
10. scrape ::
11. graze ::
12. cross out ::
13. withdraw from ::
14. fret ::
15. grave ::
16. cancel ::
17. itch ::
18. come up ::
19. scratch up ::
20. expunge ::
scratch, scratched, scratches, scratchily, scratching, scratchy
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
"Yeah, man, I can do better,"
so I started from SCRATCH.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 9
Okay, so SCRATCH Kobayashi.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 18
and so ends up
without a SCRATCH on him.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 8
You SCRATCH my back, I SCRATCH yours.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 16
Okay. Scratch paper, check.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 13
English to Kannada Dictionary: scratch
Meaning and definitions of scratch, translation in Kannada language for scratch with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of scratch in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "scratch"
What scratch means in Kannada, scratch meaning in Kannada, scratch definition, examples and pronunciation of scratch in Kannada language.