Noun(1) the act of delivering a formal spoken communication to an audience(2) (language(3) something spoken(4) the exchange of spoken words(5) your characteristic style or manner of expressing yourself orally(6) a lengthy rebuke(7) words making up the dialogue of a play(8) the mental faculty or power of vocal communication
(1) In the rapid-fire flow of conversational speech , words are not fully articulated.(2) His ears twitched at the sound of speech , far away.(3) Antony's speech over Caesar's body(4) Former president, now private citizen, Bill Clinton, giving his farewell speech to the nation Thursday night.(5) he gave a speech about the company(6) she has speech problems(7) His accent slurred his speech , and he jumped from register to register as he spoke, as though speaking in sing-song.(8) I gave a speech to the nation that was cleared by the intelligence services.(9) it's learned through speech rather than writing(10) Linguists such as Robin Lakoff have long recognized the existence of these typically male and female styles of speech .(11) They will not improve speech or the ability to swallow, prevent falls, or improve fine motor control.(12) Their research could have implications for discovering how the developing brain processes sound and speech .(13) Television's Mr. Rogers is a good example of this style of speech .(14) The man's voice was weak, an accent coming through as he lost the ability to control his speech .(15) the headmistress made a speech about how much they would miss her(16) she delivered a fine speech
(1) reported speech :: ವರದಿ ಭಾಷಣ
(2) freedom of speech :: ವಾಕ್ ಸ್ವಾತಂತ್ರ್ಯ
(3) part of speech :: ಮಾತುಕತೆಯ ಭಾಗ
(4) make a speech :: ಭಾಷಣ ಮಾಡುವ
(5) give a speech :: ಭಾಷಣ ಮಾಡು
(6) parts of speech :: ಮಾತಿನ ಭಾಗಗಳಲ್ಲಿ
(7) speech bubble :: ಮಾತಿನ ಗುಳ್ಳೆ
(8) free speech :: ವಾಕ್
(9) indirect speech :: ಪರೋಕ್ಷ ಭಾಷಣ
(10) speech therapist :: ಸ್ಪೀಚ್ ಥೆರಪಿಸ್ಟ್
1. speaking ::
2. diction ::
3. talk ::
4. language ::
7. delivery ::
8. address ::
speech, speeches, speechless
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 10
WALT JR: Yeah, Dad.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 10
So, it was a figure of SPEECH.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 5
Weird figure of SPEECH, isn't it?
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 6
(IN SPEECH SYNTHESIZER VOICE)
Gentlemen, start your wheelchairs.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 9
English to Kannada Dictionary: speech
Meaning and definitions of speech, translation in Kannada language for speech with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of speech in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "speech"
What speech means in Kannada, speech meaning in Kannada, speech definition, examples and pronunciation of speech in Kannada language.