Noun(1) a compartment in a stable where a single animal is confined and fed(2) small area set off by walls for special use(3) a booth where articles are displayed for sale(4) a malfunction in the flight of an aircraft in which there is a sudden loss of lift that results in a downward plunge(5) seating in the forward part of the main level of a theater(6) small individual study area in a library(7) a tactic used to mislead or delay
Verb(1) postpone doing what one should be doing(2) come to a stop(3) deliberately delay an event or action(4) put into, or keep in, a stall(5) experience a stall in flight, of airplanes(6) cause an airplane to go into a stall(7) cause an engine to stop
(1) We also know that once we break the stall , the ailerons are our best roll mechanism.(2) It was in her clumsiness that when she moved to turn around after the hymn she knocked her music folder expertly over the edge of the pew stall and onto the marble floor out of her reach.(3) He reported that shortly after initiating the turn, the airplane appeared to stall , and rotated to the left.(4) Taking off her clothes and stepping into the shower stall , she pulled the curtain across and turned on the hot water.(5) I went to the shower stall and turned the knob to hot, and pulled it out, waiting for the water to come flowing through it.(6) You see, our apartment only has a shower stall with no tub.(7) This was especially important for students who were learning carrier landings which were carried out at slow speed and close to the stall .(8) Investigators had to rely on other things to figure out what caused the airplane to experience an aerodynamic stall at a critically low altitude.(9) ├ö├ç├┐And you are just trying to stall me,├ö├ç├û she said, shoving the jeans in my direction.(10) He had found work in the local market filling the stall and selling vegetables.(11) Cate put Midnight back in his stall in the stable, then slipped back into the manor, concealing her riding clothing in the back of her wardrobe.(12) stall him until I've had time to take a look(13) If you're deep into the stall when the wing pays off, you can even drop it in a few feet without bouncing.(14) The Texan was seen to hesitate momentarily, then slide back on its tail and wing over in recovery from a hammerhead stall .(15) speed must be maintained to avoid a stall and loss of control(16) In flight, there was less than a ten knot difference between a speed so fast that it would rip the wings off the aircraft and a speed so slow that it would stall the engine.
(1) food stall :: ಆಹಾರ ಚಾಂಚಲ್ಯ
(2) market stall :: ಮಾರುಕಟ್ಟೆ ಅಂಗಡಿ
(3) shower stall :: ಶವರ್ ಚಾಂಚಲ್ಯ
(4) engine stall :: ಎಂಜಿನ್ ಚಾಂಚಲ್ಯ
(5) set up a stall :: ಒಂದು ಅಂಗಡಿಯನ್ನು ಸ್ಥಾಪಿಸಲು
1. stand ::
2. pen ::
3. cubicle ::
6. obstruct ::
7. stop ::
8. use delaying tactics ::
ಮುಂದೂಡುವುದು ತಂತ್ರಗಳನ್ನು ಬಳಸಲು
9. delay ::
10. dilly-dally ::
11. conk ::
stall, stalled, stalling, stalls
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Oh, the middle STALL was occupied.
I'll have to try again later.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 15
...so I can make sure the person in the STALL
next to me isn't some kind of weirdo.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 19
- You gotta STALL Leonard longer.
- I don't think I can.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 16
through a STALL door, you're crazy.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 16
Come down to my STALL tomorrow,
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 4
English to Kannada Dictionary: stall
Meaning and definitions of stall, translation in Kannada language for stall with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of stall in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "stall"
What stall means in Kannada, stall meaning in Kannada, stall definition, examples and pronunciation of stall in Kannada language.