ಚುಚ್ಚು, ತೂರಿಸು, ಕೋಲುಬಡಿಗೆ
Noun(1) an implement consisting of a length of wood(2) a small thin branch of a tree(3) a lever used by a pilot to control the ailerons and elevators of an airplane(4) a rectangular quarter pound block of butter or margarine(5) informal terms for the leg(6) a long implement (usually made of wood(7) a long thin implement resembling a length of wood(8) marijuana leaves rolled into a cigarette for smoking(9) threat of a penalty
Verb(1) put, fix, force, or implant(2) stay put (in a certain place(3) stick to firmly(4) be or become fixed(5) endure(6) be a devoted follower or supporter(7) be loyal to(8) cover and decorate with objects that pierce the surface(9) fasten with an adhesive material like glue(10) fasten with or as with pins or nails(11) fasten into place by fixing an end or point into something(12) pierce with a thrust using a pointed instrument(13) pierce or penetrate or puncture with something pointed(14) come or be in close contact with; stick or hold together and resist separation(15) saddle with something disagreeable or disadvantageous(16) be a mystery or bewildering to
(1) City councillors take a lot of stick over their transport policy.(2) Then, as the circle of guards got tighter, she realized there was a six-foot long, wood stick lying on the ground, halfway buried in the dirt.(3) You must have got some stick from team-mates during your playing days?(4) the authorities couldn't make the charges stick(5) Nobody should be hit in the head with a puck coming off the stick of someone at 100 + mph without a helmet.(6) If history is any guide a lot of this diplomacy was doubtless clumsily done, in alternations between proffers of carrots and threats of the stick .(7) Imagine being able to land a jumbo jet without ever taking control of the stick .(8) Finally you are putting into this mix a whole stick of reduction butter.(9) Despite lengthy investigations, neither charge was made to stick , although he was reproached by the chairmen of both inquiries.(10) I felt the urge to stick my tongue out behind their backs but I stopped myself.(11) just stick that sandwich on my desk(12) If car makers don't agree to move quickly, Kerry could pull out the stick : the threat of higher fuel-economy standards.(13) The charges against him won't stick , but the chilling effect it will have on other researchers will.(14) stick the balls of wool on knitting needles(15) They stood it upright with the help of some remnant pieces of wood, took a stick from the bonfire and lit the fuse before standing back and covering their ears.(16) I hesitated only long enough to grab an incense stick and lighter, and was outside in a minute.
(1) walking stick :: ಊರುಗೋಲು
(2) stick to :: ಅಂಟಿಕೊಳ್ಳುವುದಿಲ್ಲ
(3) stick out :: ಔಟ್ ಅಂಟಿಕೊಂಡು
(4) memory stick :: ಮೆಮೊರಿ ಸ್ಟಿಕ್
(5) stick around :: ಸುಮಾರು ಅಂಟಿಕೊಳ್ಳುವುದಿಲ್ಲ
(6) stick together :: ಒಟ್ಟಿಗೆ ಅಂಟಿಕೊಳ್ಳುತ್ತವೆ
(7) stick with :: ಉಳಿಸಿಕೊಳ್ಳಿ
(8) to stick :: ಅಂಟಿಕೊಂಡು
(9) cinnamon stick :: ದಾಲ್ಚಿನ್ನಿಯ ಕಡ್ಡಿ
1. piece of wood ::
2. walking stick ::
3. cane ::
4. club ::
5. reefer ::
ಹಾಯಿಯ ಮಡಿಕೆಯನ್ನು ಮುದುರುವವನು
6. peg ::
7. joystick ::
8. thrust ::
9. pierce ::
10. adhere ::
11. affix ::
12. become trapped ::
13. remain ::
14. be upheld ::
16. nonplus ::
17. lodge ::
18. stick by ::
19. bond ::
20. sting ::
21. stick around ::
nonstick, stick, stickily, sticking, sticks
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Stick electrodes in a rat's brain,
give him an orgasm button.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 5
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 15
- What is it?
- It's hot chocolate with a STICK of butter.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 23
If I STICK a lightbulb on this...
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 24
They're gonna have to get
on the STICK.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 9
English to Kannada Dictionary: stick
Meaning and definitions of stick, translation in Kannada language for stick with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of stick in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "stick"
What stick means in Kannada, stick meaning in Kannada, stick definition, examples and pronunciation of stick in Kannada language.