Noun(1) a static photograph (especially one taken from a movie and used for advertising purposes(2) (poetic(3) an apparatus used for the distillation of liquids; consists of a vessel in which a substance is vaporized by heat and a condenser where the vapor is condensed(4) a plant and works where alcoholic drinks are made by distillation
Verb(1) make calm or still(2) cause to be quiet or not talk(3) lessen the intensity of or calm(4) make motionless
Adjective(1) not in physical motion(2) marked by absence of sound(3) (of a body of water(4) used of pictures; of a single or static photograph not presented so as to create the illusion of motion; or representing objects not capable of motion(5) not sparkling(6) free from noticeable current
Adverb(1) with reference to action or condition; without change, interruption, or cessation(2) despite anything to the contrary (usually preceding a concession(3) to a greater degree or extent; used with comparisons, or still(4) without moving or making a sound
(1) The suprabatham from the temple loud speaker floated in the still air of the morning.(2) still, another week, another challenge(3) The best drinks for children are milk, which contains calcium, and still water.(4) The old boy may be on his last legs as a possible champion but he still knows how to make the opposition sweat.(5) Some younger trees were still standing, but leaves and small branches had been stripped off.(6) While much has been accomplished, there is still more work to be done as we rebuild from the nation's worst natural disaster.(7) there's still time(8) He felt compelled to show that China might still have a future as great as her past.(9) still another example is the 2012 trip(10) But the growth is still much less than last year with prices beginning to level out.(11) One big advantage of fishing above the dam is that it is still water and offers the opportunity to fish with a float.(12) The water is perfectly still , with no current, no wind and hardly a ripple for waves.(13) Their boss had claimed beforehand that Liverpool can still win the title.(14) On both rivers and still waters, fish will eat this fly and the tying for this pattern is very simple.(15) The mansions still stand, but the mines have closed and the town has declined.(16) there's still another reason
(1) still here :: ಇನ್ನು ಇಲ್ಲೇ
(2) still life :: ಅಚರ ಜೀವ
(3) but still :: ಆದರೂ ಕೂಡ
(4) stand still :: ಇನ್ನೂ ನಿಲ್ಲುವ
(5) still water :: ಇನ್ನು ನೀರು
(6) still sick :: ಇನ್ನೂ ಅನಾರೋಗ್ಯ
(7) still not :: ಇನ್ನು ಇಲ್ಲ
(8) still young :: ಇನ್ನೂ ಯುವ
(9) sit still :: ಇನ್ನೂ ಕುಳಿತು
(10) be still :: ಅಲ್ಲಾಡದಿರು
2. quiet ::
3. calm ::
4. silent ::
5. static ::
6. up to this time ::
7. nevertheless ::
8. stock-still ::
9. even ::
12. distillery ::
13. quiet ::
14. abate ::
15. relieve ::
16. shut up ::
1. boisterous ::
2. loud ::
3. noisy ::
4. raucous ::
5. rip-roaring ::
6. rowdy ::
7. tumultuous ::
8. unquiet ::
instill, instilled, instills, still, stilled, stiller, stillest, stilling, stillness, stills
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Don't feel bad, Leonard.
Negative results are STILL results.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 13
They're STILL having girls'
night across the hall.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 13
- But you STILL accomplished something.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 1
Come on. It's STILL early.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 1
it's STILL in my ears.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 7
English to Kannada Dictionary: still
Meaning and definitions of still, translation in Kannada language for still with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of still in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "still"
What still means in Kannada, still meaning in Kannada, still definition, examples and pronunciation of still in Kannada language.