Noun(1) the thick short innermost digit of the forelimb(2) the part of a glove that provides a covering for the thumb(3) a convex molding having a cross section in the form of a quarter of a circle or of an ellipse
Verb(1) travel by getting free rides from motorists(2) look through a book or other written material(3) feel or handle with the fingers
(1) She jerked her thumb over her shoulder towards the entrance without looking up.(2) At the ready with the muzzle up, you can quickly thumb a hammer back as you shoulder it.(3) Nick held his thumb and forefinger apart about a half an inch.(4) A backhand catch in which the thumb of the glove points down and the glove-arm is positioned across the body must be practiced as much as the open-hand catch.(5) Despite the flurry of action as we hijack the room, he continues to thumb out a furious text message and refuses to say hello.(6) The thumb part of the glove should fold down underneath the fingers and point down.(7) Normally, there are four types of design of the glove's thumb , which are Wing Thumb, Straight Thumb, Keystone Thumb, and Reversible Thumb.(8) three cars passed me and I tried to thumb a ride(9) You could otherwise hope that a friendly soul at the Clachaig will offer a lift, or thumb a ride back: you would be unlucky if no-one stopped.(10) The hands looked almost normal, with four fingers and an opposable thumb .(11) I wore four other rings; two thumb rings, a pinky ring, and another index finger ring.(12) It's all the rage, flick on your TV, thumb through a magazine or listen to the radio - everyone's at it.(13) The intercom beeped on a console near the galley and Merlin moved to thumb the control.(14) Mole crickets can wreak havoc on lawns and golf courses: the adults dig burrows as big across as your thumb , and the larvae eat grass roots.(15) Using both hands, each testicle should be gently rolled between the thumb and index finger to find any lumps or irregular areas.(16) Put a few drops of peppermint oil on the thumb patches of your gloves, so you can sniff on the fly.
(1) rule of thumb :: ನಿಯಮವು
(2) green thumb :: ಹಸಿರು ಹೆಬ್ಬೆರಳು
(3) thumb drive :: ಥಂಬ್ ಡ್ರೈವ್
(4) thumb finger :: ಹೆಬ್ಬೆರಳು ಬೆರಳನ್ನು
(5) miller's thumb :: ಮಿಲ್ಲರ್ನ ಹೆಬ್ಬೆರಳು
(6) thumb down :: ಹೆಬ್ಬೆರಳು ಕೆಳಗೆ
(7) thumb impression :: ಹೆಬ್ಬೆಟ್ಟಿನ ಗುರುತು
(8) thumb a lift :: ಹೆಬ್ಬೆರಳು ಒಂದು ಲಿಫ್ಟ್
(9) hop-o'-my-thumb :: ಹಾಪ್-ಓ ನನ್ನ ಹೆಬ್ಬೆರಳು
(10) thumb through :: ಮೂಲಕ ಹೆಬ್ಬೆರಳು
1. pollex ::
2. ovolo ::
3. leaf ::
4. soil ::
5. hitchhike ::
6. hitch ::
7. finger ::
8. flick ::
thumb, thumbed, thumbing, thumbs
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
If I'm going to jail, I'm killing him,
not breaking his THUMB.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 14
Italian housewives have a rule of THUMB:
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 9
...and then cuts off my THUMB?
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 13
and last week, I slammed my
THUMB in the kitchen drawer.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 14
I had lost a lot of THUMB blood.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 16
English to Kannada Dictionary: thumb
Meaning and definitions of thumb, translation in Kannada language for thumb with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of thumb in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "thumb"
What thumb means in Kannada, thumb meaning in Kannada, thumb definition, examples and pronunciation of thumb in Kannada language.