ಸುಂಕ, ಜಕಾತಿ, ಘಂಟಾವಾದನಜಾಕಾತಿ
Noun(1) a fee levied for the use of roads or bridges (used for maintenance(2) value measured by what must be given or done or undergone to obtain something(3) the sound of a bell being struck
Verb(1) ring slowly(2) charge a fee for using
(1) The castle bell began to toll again, deep and pleading.(2) I'm a toll booth operator, it's that simple.(3) But as a bell's eerie toll floated from within the castle a shiver ran down my spine.(4) He was about to say he'd need time when he heard a distant bell toll twice.(5) Police will combine friendly persuasion with hard line law enforcement in a desperate bid to cut the dreadful toll of motorcycle deaths in North Yorkshire.(6) In Singapore, a toll is payable by those who use the roads.(7) The days passed slowly, as they had in Ameri, like they were all waiting for that grand breaker, that final bell toll that told them all what the plan was.(8) As a train approaches from either direction, two bells on stumpy posts in between the tracks begin to toll in a steady rhythm.(9) The deeper horror in this book is the relentless nature of trauma and the toll it takes on those who witness its seismic effects.(10) Another lesson learned is that it is easier to toll new highways than reinstitute tolls on roads that abandoned them.(11) Britain's first toll motorway is due to be opened officially by the Transport Secretary today.(12) Presently, the Church bell began to toll , signalling that the nightly curfew was about to begin.(13) A Fermoy group has been highly critical of plans to toll the road because it was fearful that charges would drive motorists back into the town.(14) The new electronic bells automatically toll the Angelus and peal on the hour.(15) the bell of St Mary's began to toll the curfew(16) In Sri Lanka, the toll stands at 30 882 confirmed dead, the government said.
(1) toll road :: ಸುಂಕದ ರಸ್ತೆ
(2) toll-free :: ಶುಲ್ಕರಹಿತ
(3) toll booth :: ಟೋಲ್ ಬೂತ್
(4) take a toll :: ಒಂದು ಹದಗೆಟ್ಟು
(5) road toll :: ರಸ್ತೆ ಸುಂಕ
(6) toll bridge :: ಸುಂಕದ ಸೇತುವೆ
(7) toll plaza :: ಟೋಲ್ ಪ್ಲಾಜಾ
(8) toll call :: ಟೋಲ್ ಕಾಲ್
(9) call toll-free :: ಕಾಲ್ ಟೋಲ್ ಫ್ರೀ
1. charge ::
2. number ::
4. price ::
5. bell ::
toll, tolled, tolling, tolls
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
and for 600 years
they have never failed to exact their TOLL.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 9
Why don't you just tell them that
I'm a TOLL taker at the Golden Gate Bridge?
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 15
the emotional TOLL of knowing
there's a child out there
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 12
Toll the bells in an hour's time.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 6
A TOLL booth attendant,
an Apple store genius...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 14
English to Kannada Dictionary: toll
Meaning and definitions of toll, translation in Kannada language for toll with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of toll in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "toll"
What toll means in Kannada, toll meaning in Kannada, toll definition, examples and pronunciation of toll in Kannada language.