Preposition(1) in the direction of.(2) as regards; in relation to.(3) contributing to the cost of (something).
Adjective(1) going on; in progress.
(1) Brett discusses his anger toward the world in general after his mother's death.(2) One of the most important steps toward achieving this goal is eliminating the gender pay gap.(3) Think of prosecutorial budget-sharing as an interim goal toward still greater freedom.(4) I looked over my shoulder as we walked toward the shore, but I couldn't see my father.(5) His sister, he said, also was working the course and was contributing her earnings toward the rifle.(6) As it is officially under the State Secretariat, its content is often regarded as biased toward the government.(7) Areas designed to give employees relief from their workspaces can go a long way toward achieving that goal.(8) He told me about his feelings toward his mom's death, and I talked to him about my finals.(9) None of this can have warmed London's heart toward intellectuals, real or fraudulent.(10) She walked away from me toward the direction of her locker, and I was left on my own to search for my math class.(11) As he turned to walk back toward me, I could see little droplets of drool forming at the corner of his mouth.(12) Mungo uses the language of commerce to convey his utmost tenderness toward Betty.(13) I walked off toward the direction of the house silently, not giving him a second glance.(14) We wish to thank several individuals who have contributed toward the completion of this research.(15) By trial and error, I moved toward achieving my goals, and you can do the same.(16) The man noticed her overly attentive stare and walked directly toward her.
(1) trend toward :: ಕಡೆಗೆ ಪ್ರವೃತ್ತಿ
(2) move toward :: ಕಡೆಗೆ ಸರಿಸಲು
(3) turn toward :: ಕಡೆಗೆ ತಿರುಗಿ
(4) lean toward :: ಕಡೆಗೆ ಒಲವಿಗೆ
(5) go toward :: ಕಡೆಗೆ ಹೋಗಿ
(6) head toward :: ಕಡೆಗೆ ತಲೆಯ
(7) run toward :: ಕಡೆಗೆ ರನ್
1. in the direction of ::
2. just before ::
3. with regard to ::
4. as a contribution to ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I rented one of those carts,
pushed him TOWARD the open door
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 12
She has always been
positively predisposed TOWARD me.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 3
TOWARD each other would
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 15
...and spun TOWARD
a grotesque tailless donkey...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 16
I'd lik e you to exit your vehicle
and start walking TOWARD us.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 13
English to Kannada Dictionary: toward
Meaning and definitions of toward, translation in Kannada language for toward with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of toward in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "toward"
What toward means in Kannada, toward meaning in Kannada, toward definition, examples and pronunciation of toward in Kannada language.