Adjective(1) located below or beneath something else(2) lower in rank, power, or authority
Adverb(1) down to defeat, death, or ruin(2) through a range downward(3) into unconsciousness(4) in or into a state of subordination or subjugation(5) below some quantity or limit(6) below the horizon(7) down below(8) further down
(1) a river runs under this street(2) They were restrained before being taken under arrest to St Aldate's Police station.(3) He skulked into the room under the pretence of finding himself a drink.(4) He is sure to maintain his heavy role within the offense under new coach Sidney Lowe.(5) It will simply conceal whatever gaps in communication there are under another layer of imprecise language.(6) she travelled under a false name(7) But the boat was sinking fast and when the stern went under , a rush of air pushed four people out of the cabin.(8) we gathered the apples that had fallen under the tree(9) file it under ├ö├ç├┐lost├ö├ç├û(10) If the item is not listed, would it fall under one of the classifications if it were?(11) A great fun night was had by all under the leadership of Quiz master Mr. Peter Guy.(12) In mist or under a covering of snow, however, navigational skills will be tested.(13) Compare and contrast, as Whitlam himself might put it, the same period under Howard.(14) He has posted heavily to the same political newsgroups under his own name.(15) Over the years the green fell into disuse and became gradually hidden under thick layers of leaves.(16) Why waste all that room under the kitchen sink by simply filling it with garbage?
(1) under- :: ಅಡಿಯಲ್ಲಿ-
(2) under construction :: ನಿರ್ಮಾಣ ಅಡಿಯಲ್ಲಿ
(3) go under :: ಕೆಳಗೆ ಹೋಗಿ
(4) under pressure :: ಒತ್ತಡದಲ್ಲಿ
(5) under control :: ನಿಯಂತ್ರಣದಲ್ಲಿ
(6) under the weather :: ಹವಾಮಾನ ಅಡಿಯಲ್ಲಿ
(7) under oath :: ಪ್ರಮಾಣದಂತೆ
(8) under consideration :: ಪರಿಗಣನೆಯಲ್ಲಿದೆ
(9) under way :: ಸಾಗಿವೆ
(10) fall under :: ಕೆಳಗೆ ಬೀಳು
(11) under review :: ಪರಿಶೀಲನೆಯಲ್ಲಿದೆ
1. nether ::
2. down ::
3. below ::
4. beneath ::
5. less than ::
6. subordinate to ::
7. flooded by ::
9. subject to ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I'm talking to an orc UNDER the bridge
in ThUNDER Bluff...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 19
We smuggle Slurpees, which are
essentially Icees, in UNDER our coats...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 14
Maybe you should find someone to
help you get your finances UNDER control.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 17
l was UNDER the impression
that you had this UNDER control.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 7
The people who suffer UNDER despots
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 2
English to Kannada Dictionary: under
Meaning and definitions of under, translation in Kannada language for under with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of under in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "under"
What under means in Kannada, under meaning in Kannada, under definition, examples and pronunciation of under in Kannada language.