ಸಮಯ ಕಾಯುತ್ತಿರು, ನಿಧಾನಿಸು, ತಾಳುತಡೆ
Noun(1) time during which some action is awaited(2) the act of waiting (remaining inactive in one place while expecting something
Verb(1) stay in one place and anticipate or expect something(2) wait before acting(3) look forward to the probable occurrence of(4) serve as a waiter or waitress in a restaurant
(1) Also today, news comes that British holidaymakers heading for the United States face a five-hour wait to check in.(2) He'd kept everything warm in the oven for her and Ashton agreed to wait dinner on her as he wasn't hungry.(3) he did not wait for a reply(4) And I didn't want to be a woman that stayed at home to wait for my husband to come home every night.(5) we shall need a statement later, but that will have to wait(6) Subtitled ├ö├ç├┐another side of Cirque du Soleil,├ö├ç├û this one'll have to wait till the kids are in bed.(7) a local man was employed to wait on them at table(8) Her family faced an agonising wait to see the extent of her injuries.(9) When clients come to me I see them once or twice to see if I'm the right architect, and then there's the wait period.(10) I had a half-hour wait on the platform(11) Hundreds of couples wait in a line circling the block of San Francisco's City Hall.(12) Postpone those decisions that can wait until you feel more able to deal with them.(13) I had to wait my turn to play(14) However, I am wondering what harm could it have done to wait another week until we got it right?(15) Travellers to North America face a further wait as US airspace remained closed this evening.(16) I'll wait until midnight
(1) please wait :: ದಯಮಾಡಿ ನಿರೀಕ್ಷಿಸಿ
(2) wait for :: ನಿರೀಕ್ಷಿಸಿ
(3) wait up :: ಕಾಯಿ
(4) wait on :: ನಿರೀಕ್ಷಿಸಿ
(5) wait until :: ನಿರೀಕ್ಷಿಸಿ
(6) please wait a moment :: ದಯವಿಟ್ಟು ಒಂದು ಕ್ಷಣ ನಿರೀಕ್ಷಿಸಿ
(7) to wait for :: ನಿರೀಕ್ಷಿಸಿ
(8) wait a while :: ಒಂದು ನಿರೀಕ್ಷಿಸಿ
(9) wait out :: ನಿರೀಕ್ಷಣೆಯಲ್ಲಿ
(10) can wait :: ಕಾಯಬಹುದಾಗಿರುತ್ತದೆ
1. delay ::
4. hold on ::
5. await ::
6. be postponed ::
7. hold back ::
8. waitress ::
9. look ::
wait, waited, waiter, waiters, waiting, waits
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Wait, what's Bitcoin?
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 9
so we should probably
get there early and WAIT in line.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 23
Wait, WAIT. I can't.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 15
You might as well just WAIT at the airport
for your flight.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 6
- Justice can WAIT.
- It's not about justice.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 3
English to Kannada Dictionary: wait
Meaning and definitions of wait, translation in Kannada language for wait with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of wait in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "wait"
What wait means in Kannada, wait meaning in Kannada, wait definition, examples and pronunciation of wait in Kannada language.