Verb(1) go away or leave
Adjective(1) not being in a specified place(2) nonexistent(3) lost in thought; showing preoccupation
(1) Here is a government made up largely of men who have spent huge periods of time almost completely absent from their children's lives.(2) At present, that war is being won by mere force of arms, absent any moral justification.(3) And absent that, the public can make its own choice to buy it or pass on it.(4) Japan's price level could well have fallen even more absent the monetary ease.(5) Remarkably, however, nectar is absent from those species that produce pseudopollen.(6) But, absent a change in the course of this election, he's on his way to another four years.(7) Part of the new arrangements will see people being paid minimum contractual hours when absent from work and not the average hours they currently receive.(8) A little Dutch clock in the bar struck one while Lady Audley lingered in this irresolute, absent manner.(9) Again, absent the use of a gun, knife or poison, jurors rarely accepted arguments for murderous intent.(10) In the meantime, I am inclined to accept Fund's denials absent contrary evidence.(11) Noticeably absent from the Havana conference were trade union representatives from the USA and Canada.(12) So there are some people who have some visions about it still being the same old place absent the people who live and used to live here.(13) His hurt expression and absent apology stirred little guilt in her hardened bosom.(14) While there are 50 or more volunteers already, more are needed to replace those who may have to be absent from time to time.(15) She raised her head in an absent manner, and eyed the leering man with clouded eyes.(16) Hotels, casinos, holiday-makers and rivercraft are conspicuously absent from Monet's work.
(1) absent-minded :: ಅನ್ಯಮಸ್ಕನಾದ
(2) be absent :: ರಜೆಯಲ್ಲಿರುವುದಾಗಿ
(3) he is absent :: ಅವರು ಗೈರು
(4) absent without leave :: ತೊರೆಯುವುದು ಗೈರು
(5) absent-mindedness :: ಗೈರು ಮನಸ್ಸು
(6) be absent from :: ಮರೆಯಾಗಿದ್ದರು ಎಂದು
(7) absent oneself :: ಒಬ್ಬರಿಗೆ ಆಬ್ಸೆಂಟ್
(8) absent-mindedly :: ಅನುಪಸ್ಥಿತಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಮನೋಭಾವದಿಂದ
1. away ::
2. distracted ::
3. missing ::
4. abstracted ::
5. stay away ::
6. remove ::
1. here ::
2. in ::
3. present ::
absent, absented, absenting, absently, absents
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
and she is ABSENT anyway,
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 10
but now it was how we looked all of us,
sad and ABSENT.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 13
English to Kannada Dictionary: absent
Meaning and definitions of absent, translation in Kannada language for absent with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of absent in Kannada and in English
Tags for the entry "absent"
What absent means in Kannada, absent meaning
in Kannada, absent definition, examples and pronunciation
of absent in Kannada language.