Adjective(1) (usually followed by `of'(2) possibly accepting or permitting(3) (followed by `of'(4) having the requisite qualities for(5) have the skills and qualifications to do things well
(1) The boxes are packed and the house cleared and put into the capable hands of a local real estate agent.(2) The solicitor, a very nice and capable young woman, agreed that this was wrong.(3) At IPC she proved a capable chief executive and did not shy away from the tough decisions.(4) The play is in the capable directorial hands of Sir Peter Hall and also stars Janet Suzman.(5) It was fortunate that, in its hour of need, the country was able to call upon so capable a man.(6) Even the most capable biographers stray when they dabble in Freudian psycho-waffle.(7) The evidence is that some boys are failing to achieve the results of which they are capable .(8) All credit to Wigan, they played well today and they are a very capable team.(9) Although I was still technically still quite capable , the job became more difficult for me.(10) Only here and there did the Aberdonian produce anything like the form of which he is obviously capable .(11) All in all, he proved a capable Chairman, handling staff on both sides of the Irish Sea with aplomb.(12) The ladies are definitely capable but we will have to wait and see what happens.(13) He misses the final as he is on holiday but leaves the team's fortunes in the capable hands of Simon Barker.(14) For a second time in the game Leigh showed how capable they were of springing from defence into attack.(15) Our brave new world would be a meritocracy, where people who are capable do the jobs.(16) What is good is that England now strive not just to win but to play the cricket of which they know themselves capable .
(1) capable of :: ಸಾಮರ್ಥ್ಯವುಳ್ಳ
(2) be capable of :: ಸಾಮರ್ಥ್ಯವನ್ನು
(3) be capable :: ಸಾಮರ್ಥ್ಯವನ್ನು
(4) not be capable :: ಸಮರ್ಥವಾಗಿರುತ್ತಿರಲಿಲ್ಲ
(5) capable person :: ಸಮರ್ಥ ವ್ಯಕ್ತಿ
(6) highly capable :: ಹೆಚ್ಚು ಸಾಮರ್ಥ್ಯವನ್ನು
1. competent ::
2. able ::
3. open ::
4. equal to ::
1. incompetent ::
2. inept ::
3. poor ::
4. unfit ::
5. unqualified ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
the kind who are
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 16
The human body is CAPABLE
of being flatulent for hours after death.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 24
he would make a CAPABLE commander
in the wars to come.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 4
CAPABLE of performing surgery
on her own feet
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 10
Are you CAPABLE of that, Jon Snow?
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 10
English to Kannada Dictionary: capable
Meaning and definitions of capable, translation in Kannada language for capable with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of capable in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "capable"
What capable means in Kannada, capable meaning in Kannada, capable definition, examples and pronunciation of capable in Kannada language.