Noun(1) a power to affect persons or events especially power based on prestige etc(2) causing something without any direct or apparent effort(3) a cognitive factor that tends to have an effect on what you do(4) the effect of one thing (or person(5) one having power to influence another
Verb(1) have and exert influence or effect(2) shape or influence; give direction to(3) induce into action by using one's charm
(1) Frank was a good influence on her(2) Local interests did not need formal representation to exert effective influence over officials.(3) We do not know the relative contributions of heritability and environmental influence on abusive behaviours.(4) Another important influence over the development of parents' groups has been the media.(5) television has a lot of influence on children(6) The true and abiding interest of the battle is derived from is moral effect, from its influence on the people of the Netherlands.(7) Watching Pete bowl was exciting and probably had an influence on my game.(8) Even though he was probably a bad influence on me, he was fun to be around.(9) Audience participation and influence over media content development is still exceedingly limited.(10) I was still under the influence of my parents(11) As gender biases fade, women in positions of power, influence , and responsibility will enjoy greater acceptance.(12) You will increase your influence and prestige through contact with politicians.(13) Thanks to the refraction of the magnetic field-characteristics, under the influence of the magnetic inductivity with a larger tangential component, the flipping of the flip plates becomes stable.(14) The streams and rivers that have such an influence on our lives are likewise affected by all our actions.(15) They are right that companies have great influence over politicians and that corporate behaviour needs limits and controls.(16) It is common knowledge that Filipino women exercise considerable power and influence .
(1) bad influence :: ಕೆಟ್ಟ ಪ್ರಭಾವ
(2) under the influence :: ಪ್ರಭಾವದಿಂದ
(3) undue influence :: ಯುಕ್ತವಲ್ಲದ ಪ್ರಭಾವವನ್ನು
(4) significant influence :: ಗಮನಾರ್ಹ ಪ್ರಭಾವ
(5) sphere of influence :: ಅಧಿಕಾರದ ಪರಿಧಿ
(6) influence peddling :: ಪ್ರಭಾವವನ್ನು peddling
(7) exert influence :: ಪ್ರಭಾವವನ್ನು ಬೀರುತ್ತವೆ
(8) political influence :: ರಾಜಕೀಯ ಪ್ರಭಾವ
(9) negative influence :: ನಕಾರಾತ್ಮಕ ಪ್ರಭಾವವು
1. effect ::
2. example to ::
3. power ::
4. affect ::
5. sway ::
6. act upon ::
7. tempt ::
8. mold ::
influence, influenced, influences, influencing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You've been a good
INFLUENCE on our mutual friend, you know.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 10
it's not a good INFLUENCE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 18
(UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF GIANTS\'
\"MEANINGLESS LOVE\" PLAYS ON STEREO)
"' alt="(UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF GIANTS\'
\"MEANINGLESS LOVE\" PLAYS ON STEREO)
(UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF GIANTS'
"MEANINGLESS LOVE" PLAYS ON STEREO)
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 6
I hadn't considered
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 22
But INFLUENCE is
largely a matter of patience, I have found.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 4
English to Kannada Dictionary: influence
Meaning and definitions of influence, translation in Kannada language for influence with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of influence in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "influence"
What influence means in Kannada, influence meaning in Kannada, influence definition, examples and pronunciation of influence in Kannada language.