Noun(1) a prominent attribute or aspect of something(2) a distinguishing quality(3) the integer part (positive or negative(4) any measurable property of a device measured under closely specified conditions
Adjective(1) typical or distinctive
(1) Even when he returned to Africa he described the experience in characteristic terms.(2) He battled his illness with characteristic courage and fortitude and displayed a positive attitude to the end.(3) It is very characteristic of the Hellenistic period, but shows evidence of an Augustan remodelling.(4) Religious dissent is a key characteristic of Scots-Irish identity.(5) Dishes in each region have their own set of characteristic flavours.(6) it's a characteristic feature of community groups(7) Here he has met some setbacks, but with characteristic determination he is going to try again.(8) His habilitation of 1938 studied Lie rings of prime characteristic .(9) ‘Our band is hugely gifted,’ he has explained with characteristic modesty.(10) From my experience, what is very characteristic of what we see here in Thailand is the failed attempt to win a real trophy.(11) There is one characteristic thread that runs through the various ways in which these authority figures expressed themselves.(12) Michael died following a relatively short illness borne with characteristic bravery and courage.(13) The characteristic which has most marked his career has been his good judgement.(14) By that time, he had evolved that characteristic style of his.(15) Kara couldn't help smiling at Toni's characteristic ability to understand her better than she understood herself.(16) She spoke all along with that characteristic exuberance on her face.
(1) characteristic features :: ವಿಶಿಷ್ಟವಾದ ಲಕ್ಷಣಗಳು
(2) characteristic feature :: ವಿಶಿಷ್ಟ ಲಕ್ಷಣವಾಗಿದೆ
(3) physical characteristic :: ನೈಸರ್ಗಿಕ ಲಕ್ಷಣವಾದ
(4) defining characteristic :: ವಿವರಣೆಯೆಂದರೆ
(5) dynamic characteristic :: ಕ್ರಿಯಾತ್ಮಕ ವಿಶಿಷ್ಟ
1. typical ::
2. usual ::
3. normal ::
5. habitual ::
6. distinctive ::
7. particular ::
8. special ::
9. especial ::
10. peculiar ::
13. singular ::
14. unique ::
15. attribute ::
16. feature ::
17. quality ::
18. essential quality ::
19. property ::
20. trait ::
21. aspect ::
22. element ::
23. facet ::
24. mannerism ::
25. habit ::
26. custom ::
27. idiosyncrasy ::
28. peculiarity ::
29. quirk ::
30. oddity ::
31. foible ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
you'll hear the CHARACTERISTIC
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 15
- ...who have CHARACTERISTIC facial...
- I know what it means.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 3
is CHARACTERISTIC of a violent sociopath.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 10
English to Kannada Dictionary: characteristic
Meaning and definitions of characteristic, translation in Kannada
language for characteristic with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of characteristic in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'characteristic'
What characteristic means in Kannada, characteristic meaning
in Kannada, characteristic
definition, examples and pronunciation
of characteristic in Kannada language.