ಪ್ರಿಯ, ಒಲವಿನ, ನೆಚ್ಚಿನ, ಪ್ರೀತಿಯ, ಅಕ್ಕರೆಯ
Noun(1) a beloved person; used as terms of endearment(2) a sweet innocent mild-mannered person (especially a child
Adjective(1) dearly loved(2) with or in a close or intimate relationship(3) sincerely earnest(4) having a high price
Adverb(1) with affection(2) at a great cost
(1) Thank you for staying here dear sirs, hope you had a nice time, please do visit us again.(2) I have some advice for members out of this dear little book, which is called The Little Book of Calm.(3) "Some dear friends from a Verdi opera were kind enough to donate these.(4) Yet this costs the bank dear , because it carefully screens out companies which would like a Co-op account but which breach its guidelines.(5) We are ready to pay a very dear price for this peace.(6) She went quietly about her daily life and was held in fond regard by her dear friends.(7) His wife dying, his children scattered, he has paid a dear price for his act of defiance.(8) The theory is that depression in the export industries, coupled if necessary with dear money and credit restriction, diffuse themselves evenly and fairly rapidly throughout the whole community.(9) But eventually, even a Labrador's jaw will tire, at which point the dear little animal will inevitably leave the thing where it can most conveniently be fallen over by someone carrying a full mug of hot liquid.(10) Francesca supposed she was lucky to have avoided losing anyone dear to her.(11) "Are you suggesting, dear sir, that we spoke to a ghost?(12) ├ö├ç├┐You're awfully late, dear ,├ö├ç├û Prince Alfonso was heard to mutter in English.(13) "Ok dear , I'll leave you here with Cassandra while I go finish some preparations.(14) She'd hate to leave her friends├ö├ç┬¬ they were so dear to her.(15) In the course of the last half hour the sheep have been efficiently caught by Dr Biswell, and I have fired a nasty looking white gloop down their dear little throats with a syringe.(16) Yes - the number had been disconnected - oh dear !
(1) my dear :: ನನ್ನ ಪ್ರೀತಿಯ
(2) dear friend :: ಆತ್ಮೀಯ ಸ್ನೇಹಿತ
(3) hold dear :: ಆತ್ಮೀಯ ಹಿಡಿದುಕೊಳ್ಳಿ
(4) my dear one :: ನನ್ನ ಪ್ರಿಯ ಒಂದು
(5) very dear :: ಬಹಳ ಪ್ರಿಯ
(6) dear heart :: ಆತ್ಮೀಯ ಹೃದಯ
(7) too dear :: ತೀರಾ ಪ್ರಾಣಭಯದಿಂದ
(8) for dear life :: ಆತ್ಮೀಯ ಜೀವನ
1. beloved ::
2. precious ::
3. endearing ::
4. expensive ::
5. devout ::
6. near ::
7. pricey ::
8. dearly ::
9. darling ::
10. lovable person ::
11. lamb ::
12. beloved ::
dear, dearer, dearest, dearests, dearly, dearness, dears
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Oh, DEAR mother of God.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 8
But between us, DEAR, you did conspire
to kill the queen's soldiers.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 3
They certainly do, my DEAR.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 2
And once the Professor, our DEAR shepherd,
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 6
I'll see you soon, my DEAR.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 7
English to Kannada Dictionary: dear
Meaning and definitions of dear, translation in Kannada
language for dear with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of dear in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'dear'
What dear means in Kannada, dear meaning
in Kannada, dear
definition, examples and pronunciation
of dear in Kannada language.