Noun(1) an electrical device that can interrupt the flow of electrical current when it is overloaded(2) any igniter that is used to initiate the burning of a propellant
Verb(1) mix together different elements(2) become plastic or fluid or liquefied from heat(3) equip with a fuse; provide with a fuse(4) make liquid or plastic by heating
(1) When two sex cells fuse into one, the newly formed cell receives one chromosome from each of the parent cells.(2) If the demand for electrical current exceeds the safety level, a fuse opens once and must be replaced to reconnect the circuit.(3) The printer then transfers the toner from the drum to the paper and applies intense heat to fuse the toner to the paper.(4) Second, there was no single flowmaster to fuse all mobility requirements.(5) Eventually, the dikaryon forms sexual sporangia in which the nuclei fuse into one, which then undergoes meiosis to form haploid spores, and the cycle is repeated.(6) the two nuclei move together and fuse into one nucleus(7) When the time-delayed fuse is lit by pulling the pin, the powder burns, creating a deafening bang and a blinding flash.(8) At that point, deuterium atoms fuse together, the same way hydrogen atoms fuse in stars, releasing neutrons and energy in the process.(9) He then returned with the homemade bomb, which comprised plastic explosives packed into a plastic container and a motion-trigger fuse , said Mr Shears.(10) At the main circuit panel, locate the circuit for your fan/light and either remove the fuse or switch the circuit breaker to the off position.(11) We are, perhaps literally, sitting on a bomb with a fuse of uncertain length.(12) The intention of the Cao Dai faith is to fuse a new synthesis of the world's great religions, taking the best aspects of each.(13) Gravity then squeezes them further, and the centers get still hotter, until the helium nuclei fuse into the nuclei of heavier atoms.(14) Iron is the heaviest substance that a star can make in its life because heavier elements require more energy to fuse together than they release, so the star collapses.(15) They hypothesize that four hydrogen atoms fuse with each other in a series of reactions to form a single helium atom.(16) If there are two ways to connect something, I will unerringly opt for the wrong one and fuse every electrical appliance in the street.
(1) fuse box :: ಫ್ಯೂಸ್ ಬಾಕ್ಸ್
(2) spare fuse :: ಬಿಡುವಿನ ಫ್ಯೂಸ್
(3) short fuse :: ಸಣ್ಣ ಫ್ಯೂಸ್
(4) fuse holder :: ಫ್ಯೂಸ್ ಹೋಲ್ಡರ್
(5) blow a fuse :: ಒಂದು ಫ್ಯೂಸ್ ದೊಡ್ಡದು
(6) electrical fuse :: ವಿದ್ಯುತ್ ಫ್ಯೂಸ್
(7) safety fuse :: ಸುರಕ್ಷತೆ ಫ್ಯೂಸ್
(8) fuse together :: ಒಟ್ಟಿಗೆ ಸಮ್ಮಿಳನ
1. fuze ::
2. safety fuse ::
3. combine ::
4. bond ::
5. commingle ::
fuse, fused, fusees, fuses, fusing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Unless they develop technology
to FUSE my skeleton...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 14
To live long enough to FUSE
my consciousness with cybernetics...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 2
They have an electronic FUSE