Noun(1) a land mass that projects well above its surroundings; higher than a hill(2) (often followed by `of'
(1) When I got into work there was a mountain of work to get through, loads of meeting requests and several problems to sort out.(2) there's still a mountain of work to be done(3) Gallacher attends his fair share of meetings and usually has a mountain of paperwork to get through at the end of the day.(4) a mountain of paperwork(5) Throughout the Smokies you may be enticed from your car by the sight, sound, and feel of clear, cool mountain streams and waterfalls.(6) his attempt to picture the mountain folk in ridiculous attire(7) Until the 1980s, the EU simply bought any extra production and piled it up in warehouses, forming what became known as the EU ├ö├ç├┐butter mountain ├ö├ç├û (├ö├ç├┐wine lakes├ö├ç├û were another manifestation of the same problem).(8) Standing some 3282 ft above sea level, the mountain is one of the most remote in Scotland.(9) When you are on the top of a mountain , you see mountains all around and all is covered by a dense forest.(10) The last two days of the trip involve a ski tour, including an overnight stay in a mountain hut.(11) a mountain of disks(12) They financed buses to ferry people from the most remote mountain villages to Beirut for the day.(13) Frost speculated that the inhabitants favored the mountaintop location for two reasons: to mine rich lodes of silver in the area and because the site provided panoramic views of central Vilcabamba's snowy mountain peaks, some as high as 18,000 feet (5,486 meters), which were sacred to ancient Andeans.(14) Never have I had such a mountain of paperwork to clear before Christmas.(15) Next day we trekked along a steep mountain trail to reach the rim of this vast, embracing feature.(16) we set off down the mountain
(1) mountain range :: ಪರ್ವತಶ್ರೇಣಿ
(2) climb a mountain :: ಬೆಟ್ಟವನ್ನೇರು
(3) mountain bike :: ಮೌಂಟೇನ್ ಬೈಕ್
(4) highest mountain :: ಎತ್ತರದ ಪರ್ವತ
(5) mountain dew :: ಮೌಂಟೇನ್ ಡ್ಯೂ
(6) high mountain :: ಎತ್ತರದ ಪರ್ವತ
(7) mountain goat :: ಪರ್ವತ ಮೇಕೆ
(8) on the mountain :: ಪರ್ವತದ
(9) mountain chain :: ಪರ್ವತ ಸಾಲು
(10) mountain lion :: ಬೆಟ್ಟದ ಸಿಂಹ
1. peak ::
2. a great deal ::
3. mount ::
4. sight ::
1. ace ::
2. bit ::
3. dab ::
4. dram ::
5. driblet ::
6. glimmer ::
7. hint ::
8. lick ::
9. little ::
10. mite ::
11. nip ::
12. ounce ::
13. pinch ::
14. pittance ::
15. scruple ::
16. shade ::
mountain, mountaineer, mountaineered, mountaineering, mountaineers, mountainous, mountains
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
They call him the Mountain.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 4
I want the Mountain.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 2
I would like to speak with the Mountain.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 3
Like when the Mountain fought the Red Viper
in Game of Thrones.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 19
The one I keep hearing
is that Gregor Clegane the Mountain
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 1
English to Kannada Dictionary: mountain
Meaning and definitions of mountain, translation in Kannada
language for mountain with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of mountain in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'mountain'
What mountain means in Kannada, mountain meaning
in Kannada, mountain
definition, examples and pronunciation
of mountain in Kannada language.