Noun(1) someone who is licensed to operate an aircraft in flight(2) a person qualified to guide ships through difficult waters going into or out of a harbor(3) a program exemplifying a contemplated series; intended to attract sponsors(4) something that serves as a model or a basis for making copies(5) small auxiliary gas burner that provides a flame to ignite a larger gas burner(6) an inclined metal frame at the front of a locomotive to clear the track
Verb(1) operate an airplane(2) act as the navigator in a car, plane, or vessel and plan, direct, plot the path and position of the conveyance
(1) That has been the experience of the pilot sites, of duty prosecutors in stations, that the quality of the cases improves, and that those cases that start will finish in the way that they should.(2) And if it was a pilot , no series has followed - possibly because all the comedic eggs were put into this one, only fairly amusing basket.(3) See and avoid is one of the most basic responsibilities of a pilot operating an aircraft.(4) At a meeting of the children and young people's scrutiny committee yesterday councillors again recommended that the proposals to close the schools be delayed so pilot studies can be evaluated.(5) This month the hospital began trialling a pilot scheme to give older patients a quiet window in the afternoons when they can eat their evening meal without interruption.(6) The integration time is solved by having two signal components from each satellite, one with data, but one without, known as the pilot signal.(7) The switch position of each antenna element is programmed for optimum reception during, for example, an idle mode which receives a pilot signal.(8) Data conversion method and apparatus imbedding pilot signal into converted data and reducing error propagation between datawords(9) the course was run as a pilot last year(10) the crash had been due to pilot error(11) a pilot scheme for training workers(12) The glitch was discovered by Lothian and Borders Police in 2002 during pilot tests of tagging devices before they were rolled out across Scotland.(13) The survey was tested in a pilot study using a convenience sample of laboratory managers known to the researchers.(14) The vectoring controls can be operated manually by the pilot or automatically by the flight control system.(15) The reason given for this crash was that the aircraft flew into the wake of another aircraft, and the pilot lost control of it.(16) He was also a ship's pilot , bringing sailing ships in and out of Fenit.
(1) pilot light :: ಪ್ರಾಯೋಗಿಕ ಬೆಳಕು
(2) pilot study :: ಪ್ರಮುಖ ಅಧ್ಯಯನವು
(3) pilot plant :: ಪೈಲಟ್ ಸಸ್ಯ
(4) pilot project :: ಪ್ರಾಯೋಗಿಕ ಯೋಜನೆಯನ್ನು
(5) jet pilot :: ಜೆಟ್ ಪೈಲಟ್
(6) airline pilot :: ಏರ್ಲೈನ್ ಪೈಲಟ್
(7) pilot lamp :: ಪೈಲಟ್ ದೀಪ
(8) fighter pilot :: ಪೈಲಟ್
(9) co-pilot :: ಸಹ ಪೈಲಟ್
(10) test pilot :: ಟೆಸ್ಟ್ ಪೈಲಟ್
1. experimental ::
3. navigator ::
4. trial episode ::
5. buffer ::
6. original ::
7. pilot film ::
8. pilot light ::
9. navigate ::
10. test ::
11. fly ::
autopilot, autopilots, copilot, copilots, pilot, piloted, piloting, pilots
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 10
Wonderful, and the PILOT did
such a good job I gave him a butterscotch.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 14
with the PILOT burner.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 10
And I can be a bush PILOT.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 12
English to Kannada Dictionary: pilot
Meaning and definitions of pilot, translation in Kannada
language for pilot with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of pilot in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'pilot'
What pilot means in Kannada, pilot meaning
in Kannada, pilot
definition, examples and pronunciation
of pilot in Kannada language.