Noun(1) anything (such as a document or a phonograph record or a photograph(2) sound recording consisting of a disk with a continuous groove; used to reproduce music by rotating while a phonograph needle tracks in the groove(3) the number of wins versus losses and ties a team has had(4) the sum of recognized accomplishments(5) a compilation of the known facts regarding something or someone(6) an extreme attainment; the best (or worst, as in a sport(7) a document that can serve as legal evidence of a transaction(8) a list of crimes for which an accused person has been previously convicted
Verb(1) make a record of; set down in permanent form(2) register electronically(3) indicate a certain reading; of gauges and instruments(4) be aware of
(1) this score is a record for the team(2) the safety record at the airport is first class(3) That means he is now Brazil's record goalscorer at the World Cup.(4) Nearly all observers record declines in economic activity in every year since 1998.(5) If I was going to do a record of piano music with strings, then I'd go to a big studio.(6) the number of first-time buyers is at a record low(7) he held the world record for over a decade(8) the safety record at the airport(9) he has a record of hard work(10) He has an excellent record of achievement as a Minister in the Northern Ireland Office and the Department for Work and Pensions.(11) However to his dismay he feels Brazil's style of play that took them to a record fifth World Cup is destroying the beautiful game.(12) In three cases the electronic device could not be made to record a measurement.(13) What is the fate of retail, of the record stores, when music is free at the point of delivery?(14) to keep a record of sth(15) In passing sentence the judge said that the appellant had an appalling record .(16) he'd listen to any record by U2
(1) track record :: ದಾಖಲೆಯನ್ನು
(2) to record :: ದಾಖಲಿಸಲು
(3) medical record :: ವೈದ್ಯಕೀಯ ವರದಿ
(4) off the record :: ದಾಖಲೆ ಆಫ್
(5) criminal record :: ಕ್ರಿಮಿನಲ್ ದಾಖಲೆ
(6) world record :: ವಿಶ್ವ ದಾಖಲೆ
(7) break a record :: ದಾಖಲೆ ಮುರಿಯಲು
(8) vinyl record :: ವಿನೈಲ್ ರೆಕಾರ್ಡ್
(9) record store :: ಮಳಿಗೆಗೆ
1. record-breaking ::
3. album ::
5. criminal record ::
6. best performance ::
7. reminder ::
8. disc ::
9. track record ::
10. book ::
11. write down ::
12. indicate ::
13. achieve ::
15. memorialise ::
16. register ::
17. tape ::
18. read ::
record, recorded, records
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
no criminal RECORD, no register.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 1
For the RECORD,
I was going to say, "Your sister Priya."
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 6
Can you turn down the audio?
And don’t RECORD it, won’t you?
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 10
For the RECORD, I maintain he was.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 5
"They took the RECORD books.
I have no idea how it’s happened.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 11
English to Kannada Dictionary: record
Meaning and definitions of record, translation in Kannada
language for record with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of record in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'record'
What record means in Kannada, record meaning
in Kannada, record
definition, examples and pronunciation
of record in Kannada language.