Noun(1) a garment worn on the upper half of the body
Verb(1) put a shirt on
(1) He himself had a red collared shirt with jeans on.(2) She was wearing a white short-sleeved men's shirt with a pair of black denim pants.(3) His tie was loose, and the top 2 buttons of his shirt undone with his sleeves rolled up to his elbows.(4) All was going well until we went to the Crescent Hotel where I was refused entry for wearing a sports shirt , even after pointing out what day it was.(5) As if I couldn't get enough of the sport at practice I had to wear a soccer shirt too.(6) There was a gentleman behind me walking on his own with his shirt open.(7) a rugby shirt(8) She sported a white tank-top shirt that was worn around her slim, feminine body.(9) Wear a white shirt with tan pants and a dark overcoat with confidence.(10) The frog bra doesn't completely eliminate bounce for me, so I wear a snug fitting Lycra sport shirt as well.(11) I usually wear khakis and a sport shirt to gun shows, and I blend in pretty well.(12) He jogged up to walk beside me, his tie untied, the top two buttons of his shirt undone, his sleeves pushed up to his elbows.(13) He was wearing a blue polo shirt with black pants.(14) He wore a tight, white, long-sleeved, button-up shirt .(15) He wore a white and blue striped shirt with blue jeans.(16) He was so obviously on the rugby team as he was just enormous and always wore a rugby shirt in the union colours.
(1) polo shirt :: ಪೊಲೋ ಅಂಗಿ
(2) dress shirt :: ಉಡುಗೆ ಶರ್ಟ್
(3) checked shirt :: ಪಟ್ಟಿಯ ಅಂಗಿ
(4) football shirt :: ಫುಟ್ಬಾಲ್ ಶರ್ಟ್
(5) sport shirt :: ಕ್ರೀಡಾ ಶರ್ಟ್
(6) cotton shirt :: ಹತ್ತಿ ಶರ್ಟ್
(7) sleeveless shirt :: ತೋಳಿಲ್ಲದ ಅಂಗಿಯನ್ನು
1. shirt ::
2. garment ::
3. coat ::
4. blouse ::
5. vest ::
6. vesture ::
7. shimmy ::
8. norfolk jacket ::
shirt, shirted, shirting, shirtless, shirts, shirty
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
because my brain just
popped out of my SHIRT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 8
...Leonard would never go swimming
in public without his swim SHIRT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 9
I'm not taking you anywhere
till you put on a SHIRT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 11
- Oh, that's awful.
- Not really. My SHIRT was soaking wet.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 24
English to Kannada Dictionary: shirt
Meaning and definitions of shirt, translation in Kannada
language for shirt with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of shirt in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'shirt'
What shirt means in Kannada, shirt meaning
in Kannada, shirt
definition, examples and pronunciation
of shirt in Kannada language.