Noun(1) the words of something written(2) a passage from the Bible that is used as the subject of a sermon(3) a book prepared for use in schools or colleges(4) the main body of a written work (as distinct from illustrations or footnotes etc.
(1) Other tale-tellers repeated tales identical to Perrault's text word for word.(2) I thought it was fantastic that he took the trouble to text me(3) The text calls for a curtain to be drawn, revealing with fine theatricality the living Hermione posing as her statue.(4) In the meantime, traditional Latin and the severe cursive style was also abandoned in favour of a grammatically correct text and standard handwriting.(5) But the power of his performance only underlines the two-dimensionality of the part as it lies in the text .(6) the pictures are clear and relate well to the text(7) Reading stories aloud provides a great opportunity for young children to hear sounds in words within the context of connected text .(8) However, the actors are able to sustain the trials of the text without losing momentum.(9) All the class does is read aloud a text and everyone then discusses what it means to them.(10) in some passages it is difficult to establish the original text(11) The more than 100 illustrations complement the text nicely.(12) stylistic features of journalistic text(13) You can then choose to listen to the recorded voice message which is a translation of the original text .(14) So I find out about my landline, through a text on my mobile.(15) In the text , there are no named characters or any indication of how to assign the speeches.(16) I would not however, recommend it as a primary text for undergraduate students.
(1) text message :: ಅಕ್ಷರ ಸಂದೇಶ
(2) rich text :: ರಿಚ್ ಟೆಕ್ಸ್ಟ್
(3) according to the text :: ಪಠ್ಯ ಪ್ರಕಾರ
(4) text box :: ಪಠ್ಯ ಬಾಕ್ಸ್ನಲ್ಲಿ
(5) full text :: ಪೂರ್ಣ ಪಠ್ಯ
(6) text messaging :: ಪಠ್ಯ ಸಂದೇಶ
(7) text file :: ಪಠ್ಯ ಫೈಲ್
(8) text editor :: ಪಠ್ಯ ಸಂಪಾದಕ
(9) text color :: ಪಠ್ಯ ಬಣ್ಣ
(10) auto text :: ಸ್ವಯಂ ಪಠ್ಯ
1. book ::
3. textbook ::
4. passage ::
5. schoolbook ::
subtext, subtexts, text, texts
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Well, according to his TEXT,
he was on the second floor,
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 8
Okay, I'll go to a hotel. Text me
in the morning if you're still alive.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 10
I can TEXT the guy and tell him
we changed our minds.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 14
Listen, I got a TEXT
from that girl Abby...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 12
...and he sent me a TEXT that said,
"I'm running away."
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 1
English to Kannada Dictionary: text
Meaning and definitions of text, translation in Kannada
language for text with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of text in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'text'
What text means in Kannada, text meaning
in Kannada, text
definition, examples and pronunciation
of text in Kannada language.