Noun(1) an engagement fought between two military forces(2) the act of fighting; any contest or struggle
Verb(1) battle or contend against in or as if in a battle
(1) Given the scope of the problem, we are taking measured steps to combat online piracy.(2) As discussed above, prohibitionist policies and criminal sanctions have failed to combat the problems associated with injection drug use.(3) He emphasised that the Government was doing all it could to combat corruption.(4) Meanwhile, the report found no existing joint efforts among any member states to combat trafficking.(5) Everyone here agrees on the need for action to combat racism and intolerance.(6) We're still doing the hand to hand combat training too.(7) I fought in combat with a very good digital battle command system that had some minor problems.(8) We're now 21 days into the war, and most of this has been continuous combat with the enemy.(9) five Hurricanes were shot down in combat(10) The relationship between sport and unarmed combat is not easily seen at first.(11) Close quarters combat training or kevlar armor plates will not save us.(12) In having sought to combat evil, we ended up being consumed by it.(13) Civil affairs officers naturally came under the control of local military commanders in combat zones.(14) a combat zone(15) There are things people can do to combat the stress associated with kicking the habit.(16) men killed in combat
(1) mortal combat :: ಮರ್ತ್ಯ ಯುದ್ಧ
(2) close combat :: ನಿಕಟ ಹೋರಾಟ
(3) combat boots :: ಯುದ್ಧ ಬೂಟ್
(4) combat sport :: ಕಾಳಗದ ಕ್ರೀಡೆ
(5) combat trousers :: ಹೋರಾಟದ ಷರಾಯಿ
(6) combat zone :: ಯುದ್ಧ ವಲಯದಲ್ಲಿ
(7) combat training :: ಯುದ್ಧ ತರಬೇತಿ
(8) unarmed combat :: ಶಸ್ತ್ರರಹಿತ ಹೋರಾಟದ
(9) combat sports :: ಯುದ್ಧ ಕ್ರೀಡೆಗಳ
1. battle ::
2. fighting ::
3. action ::
5. conflict ::
6. war ::
7. warfare ::
9. fight ::
10. battle ::
11. tackle ::
12. attack ::
13. counter ::
14. resist ::
15. withstand ::
16. impede ::
17. block ::
18. thwart ::
19. inhibit ::
20. stop ::
21. halt ::
22. prevent ::
23. check ::
24. curb ::
combat, combatant, combatants, combated, combating, combative, combats, noncombat
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
One taste of COMBAT was enough for me,
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 2
Ragnar Lothbrok challenges you
to meet him in single COMBAT.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 6
I never knew the man to be wrong
about matters of COMBAT.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 5
That is one trial by COMBAT
I look forward to watching.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 3
trial by COMBAT will be forbidden
throughout the Seven Kingdoms.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 8
English to Kannada Dictionary: combat
Meaning and definitions of combat, translation in Kannada language for combat with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of combat in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "combat"
What combat means in Kannada, combat meaning in Kannada, combat definition, examples and pronunciation of combat in Kannada language.