Noun(1) earnest and conscientious activity intended to do or accomplish something(2) use of physical or mental energy; hard work(3) a notable achievement(4) a series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end
(1) it was a poor effort(2) They have begun to take key towns and cities and captured a critical port so that the humanitarian relief effort is already under way.(3) This is not so much due to time constraints as due to the fact that I don't feel like putting intense mental effort into it.(4) I wanted to help in the war effort , of course, but I was pulled in two different ways.(5) in an effort to reduce inflation, the government increased interest rates(6) I was given a deferment because the work that was being done was essential to the war effort .(7) Henri Camara has Celtic's first shot, a decent effort forcing Valdes into a diving but comfortable save.(8) Primary schools launched a safety campaign yesterday in an effort to prevent child deaths on our roads.(9) Children were also expected to contribute to the war effort in every way they could, with many leaving school to start work.(10) North Yorkshire County Council is to lobby the Government in an effort to reduce the use of disposable nappies.(11) he won without any great effort(12) The company said it will also dispose of 12,000 surplus freight cars in an effort to reduce costs.(13) It takes a great deal of mental effort to keep in mind the fact that whatever is happening is just plain fiction.(14) they made a concerted effort(15) Will the government's effort to marry off more low-income single parents ease poverty?(16) It then took only a slight mental effort to isolate a moment within that time stream and to observe it.
(1) make an effort :: ಒಂದು ಪ್ರಯತ್ನಮಾಡು
(2) make an all-out effort :: ಸರ್ವ ಪ್ರಯತ್ನ
(3) great effort :: ಉನ್ನತ ಪ್ರಯತ್ನ
(4) make effort :: ಪ್ರಯತ್ನ
(5) spare no effort :: ಯಾವುದೇ ಪ್ರಯತ್ನ ಉಳಿದಿರುವಾಗಲೇ
(6) joint effort :: ಉದ್ಯಮವನ್ನು
(7) concerted effort :: ಯಶಸ್ವೀ ಪ್ರಯತ್ನ
(8) war effort :: ಯುದ್ಧದ ಪ್ರಯತ್ನದ
(9) sustained effort :: ನಿರಂತರ ಪ್ರಯತ್ನದಲ್ಲಿ
(10) in an effort to :: ಪ್ರಯತ್ನದಲ್ಲಿ ಗೆ
1. attempt ::
2. achievement ::
3. exertion ::
4. sweat ::
5. exploit ::
6. campaign ::
effort, effortless, efforts
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
And in an EFFORT to reduce awkwardness
as we learn how to function as friends,
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 9
Okay, I don't get it.
You said make an EFFORT,
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 13
I appreciate the EFFORT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 14
we've put a lot of thought and EFFORT
into this current prototype.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 23
I appreciate you making
every possible EFFORT
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 13
English to Kannada Dictionary: effort
Meaning and definitions of effort, translation in Kannada language for effort with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of effort in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "effort"
What effort means in Kannada, effort meaning in Kannada, effort definition, examples and pronunciation of effort in Kannada language.