Noun(1) a lofty level or position or degree(2) an air mass of higher than normal pressure(3) a state of sustained elation(4) a state of altered consciousness induced by alcohol or narcotics(5) a high place(6) a public secondary school usually including grades 9 through 12(7) a forward gear with a gear ratio that gives the greatest vehicle velocity for a given engine speed
Adjective(1) greater than normal in degree or intensity or amount(2) (literal meaning, sometimes used in combinations like `knee-high'(3) standing above others in quality or position(4) used of sounds and voices; high in pitch or frequency(5) happy and excited and energetic(6) (used of the smell of meat(7) slightly and pleasantly intoxicated from alcohol or a drug (especially marijuana
Adverb(1) at a great altitude(2) in or to a high position, amount, or degree(3) in a rich manner(4) far up toward the source
(1) It's the one thing that will keep you going when that mountain seems just too high to climb.(2) The firm says demand for industrial property from purchasers in the West Yorkshire area is high .(3) We have many women in high positions in the Church especially working in parishes.(4) I didn't get a hint of back-ache from the driving seat, or from pulling gear in and out of the high luggage area.(5) In the centre of the 10 km deep crater is a mountain almost as high as Mount Everest.(6) that cheese smells a little high(7) The fact that Britain's No 2 has a ferocious serve and a high opinion of his own abilities only makes matters worse.(8) This species ranged the high grasslands of western North America from Alaska to Mexico, while a lighter-built species (Arctodus pristinus) with smaller teeth inhabited the more heavily wooded Atlantic coastal region.(9) He had dark red hair and rather elven looking features - high cheekbones, sharp chin.(10) On the west side of the rock is a vertical wall about 8m high , covered in white and orange anemones.(11) Equally, the proportion undertaking further study is at a record high .(12) She grew up on the North Shore, and met Billy Davie when she was still in junior high .(13) Elsie was a petite woman with thick waves of dark hair and a high forehead.(14) The new Millennium wing at the National Gallery represents the marriage of high ideals and fine art.(15) he has a high position in the company(16) he was a man of high principles
(1) high school :: ಪ್ರೌಢಶಾಲೆ
(2) high heels :: ಹೆಚ್ಚು ಎತ್ತರದ ಚಪ್ಪಲಿಗಳು
(3) high performance :: ಉನ್ನತ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ಷಮತೆಯ
(4) high blood pressure :: ತೀವ್ರ ರಕ್ತದೊತ್ತಡ
(5) high-tech :: ಹೈಟೆಕ್
(6) fly high :: ಹೆಚ್ಚಿನ ಹಾರುವ
(7) junior high school :: ಕಿರಿಯ ಪ್ರೌಢ ಶಾಲೆ
1. tall ::
2. high-ranking ::
3. high-minded ::
4. inflated ::
5. strong ::
6. luxurious ::
7. favorable ::
8. high-pitched ::
9. intoxicated ::
10. elevated in ::
11. in high spirits ::
12. gamy ::
13. eminent ::
14. mellow ::
15. at great height ::
16. richly ::
20. high gear ::
21. high school ::
1. low ::
2. short ::
3. squat ::
high, higher, highers, highest, highs
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Wow. High techie-techie.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 5
I mean, I could tell, because her voice got
so HIGH the beagle next door started howling.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 8
The High Sparrow seized power
knowing full well
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 4
I'm going to speak with the High Sparrow.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 4
Thank you all
for this HIGH honor.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 3
English to Kannada Dictionary: high
Meaning and definitions of high, translation in Kannada language for high with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of high in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "high"
What high means in Kannada, high meaning in Kannada, high definition, examples and pronunciation of high in Kannada language.