Verb(1) fail to keep or to maintain; cease to have, either physically or in an abstract sense(2) fail to win(3) suffer the loss of a person through death or removal(4) miss from one's possessions; lose sight of(5) allow to go out of sight or mind(6) fail to make money in a business; make a loss or fail to profit(7) fail to get or obtain(8) fail to perceive or to catch with the senses or the mind(9) withdraw, as from reality(10) be set at a disadvantage
(1) Players will lose time and money, people will lose jobs, and customers will lose their product.(2) England have defaulted a match in this tournament, but are yet to lose a game on the field.(3) Become concerned if the patient begins to lose more weight than 6 pounds in 6 months.(4) the manager said he didn't want to lose her(5) However, Fiona fell pregnant and now wants to get through these nine months, knowing she could lose her baby.(6) That helped him tone up, lose a little more weight, and feel even better.(7) That said however neither side deserved to lose a game that was played under the most appalling conditions.(8) lose that creep!(9) That means that the government would lose money with the current tax structure.(10) It is far more tragic for parents to lose a child from a sudden death; it leaves them with many unsaid things and feelings of regret.(11) This de-motivates people - as a result they leave the party, they lose enthusiasm, they cease to be active.(12) This column has always argued that economic freedom and the opportunity to make, spend and lose money is central to a creative society.(13) she couldn't eat and began to lose weight(14) Neither side deserved to lose a game that see-sawed back and forth for the whole hour-plus.(15) Was I saying that I needed to move faster, or else I would lose all of my chances?(16) But, remember, the amount of weight you lose is entirely at your own discretion and you can join in or drop out of the campaign at any time.
(1) to lose :: ಕಳೆದುಕೊಳ್ಳಲು
(2) lose weight :: ತೂಕ ಇಳಿಸು
(3) lose control :: ನಿಯಂತ್ರಣ ಕಳೆದುಕೊಳ್ಳಬಹುದು
(4) lose it :: ಕಳೆದುಕೊಂಡಲ್ಲಿ
(5) lose out :: ಔಟ್ ಕಳೆದುಕೊಳ್ಳಬಹುದು
(6) lose heart :: ಸೋಲು ಹೃದಯ
(7) lose face :: ಸೋಲು ಮುಖದ
(8) lose touch :: ಟಚ್ ಕಳೆದುಕೊಳ್ಳುವ
(9) lose hope :: ಭರವಸೆ ಕಳೆದುಕೊಳ್ಳು
(10) lose money :: ಹಣವನ್ನು ಕಳೆದುಕೊಳ್ಳುವ
1. mislay ::
2. be deprived of ::
3. escape from ::
4. stray from ::
5. miss ::
6. be defeated ::
7. discard ::
8. misplace ::
9. fall back ::
10. suffer ::
lose, loses, losing, losings
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Did you LOSE anything valuable?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 4
and what you can LOSE. And right now...
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 3
The only thing we need to do
is make this Kim kid LOSE his focus.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 12
And if we LOSE you, we LOSE everything.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 2
You could kill a king, LOSE a hand,
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 7
English to Kannada Dictionary: lose
Meaning and definitions of lose, translation in Kannada language for lose with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of lose in Kannada and in English language.
Tags for the entry "lose"
What lose means in Kannada, lose meaning in Kannada, lose definition, examples and pronunciation of lose in Kannada language.