Adverb(1) on one occasion(2) as soon as(3) at a previous time
(1) I have already written about this once on my website and I can assure you I will be doing so again tomorrow.(2) once out of prison they're back in the same community(3) More than once Walt has caught her talking to herself when in fact she was speaking to Fred.(4) he never once complained(5) once every three years(6) She knew how tired he must be after all that he'd endured, but he had not complained once .(7) But Eugenie says that once men have the know-how, they look wonderful dancing salsa.(8) Instead of delivering twice a day, including in the morning, it now delivers once , at lunchtime.(9) Lord Lansdowne said the estate has only covered its losses once in the past 13 years.(10) once the grapes were pressed, the juice was put into barrels(11) Now 70, he is an inveterate inventor, the kind that Britain was once famous for.(12) Labels tell the public how to cook the food - this was once part of the of the family butcher's role.(13) Sevenoaks Motor Club understood that once improvements had been finished it could resume racing in the park.(14) The day started at a quarter past six and once the cows were milked, the milk would go to the dairy.(15) Nowadays, this once controversial play is on the Irish school curriculum.(16) For this once booming town in the former Democratic Republic of Germany now has a more dubious claim to fame.
(1) once upon a time :: ಒಂದಾನೊಂದು ಕಾಲದಲ್ಲಿ
(2) at once :: ಒಮ್ಮೆಗೆ
(3) once again :: ಮತ್ತೊಮ್ಮೆ
(4) once a week :: ವಾರಕ್ಕೆ ಒಂದು ಸಲ
(5) once more :: ಮತ್ತೊಮ್ಮೆ
(6) once in a while :: ಒಮ್ಮೊಮ್ಮೆ
(7) all at once :: ಒಂದೇ ಬಾರಿಗೆ
(8) once a month :: ತಿಂಗಳಿಗೊಮ್ಮೆ
(9) once a day :: ದಿನಕ್ಕೆ ಒಮ್ಮೆ
(10) only once :: ಒಮ್ಮೆ ಮಾತ್ರ
1. on one occasion ::
2. ever ::
3. formerly ::
5. at one time ::
6. as soon as ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Once you get south of the Riverlands, very
different sorts of trees start to take over.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 6
At least ONCE a day I ask how you are,
even though I simply don't care.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 15
...and maybe ONCE a week,
run a vacuum through this place.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 3
I tried to stop Orson ONCE.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 8
I killed you ONCE before, Dondarrion.
Happy to do it again.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 8
English to Kannada Dictionary: once
Meaning and definitions of once, translation in Kannada language for once with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of once in Kannada and in English
Tags for the entry "once"
What once means in Kannada, once meaning
in Kannada, once definition, examples and pronunciation
of once in Kannada language.