Noun(1) an expression consisting of one or more words forming a grammatical constituent of a sentence(2) a short musical passage(3) an expression whose meanings cannot be inferred from the meanings of the words that make it up(4) dance movements that are linked in a single choreographic sequence
Verb(1) put into words or an expression(2) divide, combine, or mark into phrases
(1) Soames looked him up and down before dismissing him with a pithy phrase from a great wartime leader.(2) Selim Palmgren's works for solo piano evoke a similar atmosphere, and somehow Finnish pianists understand perfectly how to phrase his music.(3) You can assess how much expression to give, and how to phrase the music in the absence of score markings.(4) his favourite phrase is ├ö├ç├┐it's a pleasure├ö├ç├û(5) Speculation is rife as to how Chen will phrase his words May 20 in a bid to ├ö├ç├┐square the circle├ö├ç├û of trying to keep China happy and at the same time not budging on the sovereignty issue.(6) It is my fault, I did not phrase the question correctly.(7) A note, a phrase , or a section of music has embodied meaning, because it points to and makes us expect another musical (not extramusical) event.(8) It's obligatory to have either a direct object or a preposition phrase with ├ö├ç├┐for├ö├ç├û.(9) it's important to phrase the question correctly(10) Though it may have been somewhat culturally insensitive or politically incorrect to use the phrase , the expression won't qualify as a racist slur.(11) Points will be awarded for two things: how obscure the connection is and how unusual the word or phrase you searched for is.(12) But you have tried to phrase your words in a more pleasant tone.(13) Infra dig is short for the Latin phrase infra dignitatem which means beneath one's dignity.(14) At the end of it all are words, pure and simple - and how you phrase those words and get across what you're saying is the most important thing.(15) Breathe naturally, lout slowly, silently repeating your focus word or phrase every time you exhale.(16) And the connection is a pithy phrase of Deputy Noonan's dating back to the 1987 election campaign.
(1) noun phrase :: ನಾಮಪದ ಪದಗುಚ್ಛ
(2) prepositional phrase :: ಉಪಸರ್ಗ ಪದಗುಚ್ಛ
(3) phrase book :: ಪದಗುಚ್ಛ ಪುಸ್ತಕದ
(4) verb phrase :: ಕ್ರಿಯಾಪದ ಪದಗುಚ್ಛ
(5) adverbial phrase :: ಕ್ರಿಯಾವಿಶೇಷಣದ ಪದಗುಚ್ಛ
(6) set phrase :: ರೂಢ
(7) key phrase :: ಪ್ರಮುಖ ನುಡಿಗಟ್ಟು
(8) stock phrase :: ಸ್ಟಾಕ್ ನುಡಿಗಟ್ಟು
(9) catch-phrase :: -ಪದಗುಚ್ಛ
1. expression ::
2. group of words ::
3. construction ::
4. locution ::
5. term ::
6. turn of phrase ::
7. idiom ::
8. idiomatic expression ::
9. saying ::
10. tag ::
11. express ::
12. put into words ::
13. put ::
14. word ::
15. style ::
16. formulate ::
17. couch ::
18. frame ::
19. articulate ::
20. verbalize ::
phrase, phrased, phrases, phrasing, phrasings
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Now I'm thinking about the origin
of the PHRASE "train of thought."
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 20
...the PHRASE "Shelly Cooper's
a smelly pooper" spread like wildfire.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 20
I just think you need to be careful
how you PHRASE things, sir.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 1
I assumed, as in a number of languages,
that the gesture was part of the PHRASE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 17
FYI, overuse of the PHRASE
"Oh, my God" is Number 12.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 9
English to Kannada Dictionary: phrase
Meaning and definitions of phrase, translation in Kannada language for phrase with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of phrase in Kannada and in English
Tags for the entry "phrase"
What phrase means in Kannada, phrase meaning
in Kannada, phrase definition, examples and pronunciation
of phrase in Kannada language.